Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically, this refers to my Weetabix, and the habit of other members of my family of eating them in ones or twos but NOT being careful to make sure that they do this a number of times which makes their overall consumption a multiple of three.

This leads to feelings of nagging anxiety when I take my three Weetabix from the packet and have a non standard amount of Weetabix left in the pack.

It's not as obvious as effect with other cereals until you get to the end of the pack. But it's certainly a bad start to a morning when you pour out your Frosties and realise there's only enough for half a bowl.

·
Registered
12,521 Posts
I celebrated this morning by having a bacon and sausage sandwich.

I haven’t had one for months, but you’ve got to take note of the people that advise us about our diet and health. :)

I think I ate the right amount, 2 sausages and 3 rashers of bacon, it doesn’t work the other way around.:lol:

·
Registered
32,261 Posts
Yes, you can cook bacon in a range of ways; fried, grilled or even boiled. Just make sure it contains enough nitrites.

·
Super Moderator
44,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May I suggest that 3 is the wrong amount.

2 is plenty of a morning.
You may be right. But the argument would stand, just with the figures the wrong way up.

I have considered cutting down to 2 Weetabix. But having become accustomed to 3 Weetabix, 2 in a bowl looks wrong. It would also make it difficult to judge proportions of milk and sugar. I don't need that complication in my life.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
You appear to have a logistics problem. Doesn’t matter how many are in the box (even none) as long as there is an unopened box sitting next to it. JIT does not work well with food.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
You must have a large bowl for three. Once stackage occurs the lower weetabix is exposed to milk for too long and goes all floppy, whereas the top one remains dry and too crispy
(I refrained from using the word hard as I know what you're all like!! But I guess floppy will get abuse!)

I had 2 rashers of smokey bacon, a rondle of black puuding, brown sauce in a bread roll. A rare treat.

·
Super Moderator
44,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 interesting points there.

On logistics - generally speaking, a new packet is available as the old one runs out. I was referring to the slight existential dread engendered by a wrapper with only one Weetabix in it, rather than the more physical issue of only having one Weetabix to eat.

On food texture - I'm afraid you're not going to like this - I tend to use hot milk and mush up the entire thing into a uniform slop anyway.

·
Registered
37,542 Posts
Having breakfast a while back we were joined at our table by two Chinese gentlemen, one of whom had on his plate the following...

Bacon
Egg
Sausage
Weetabix
Mushrooms

In an attempt to foster international relations I used my phone to get a picture to show him what he needed to do with the Weetabix.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Ordinarily, I'd agree with you, especially regarding cereals - but I just can't get away with cold weetabix
Get bowl add,
2 x Weetabix,
splash of cold milk (sorry),
chopped banana,
liberal sprinkling of sugar (brown)

In that order :angel:

Sugar then sticks to bananas and weetabix to give a nice sweet crunch.

Happiness no matter how many Weetabix are left in the packet!! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
44,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I may try to cut down to 2.

But I'm blaming you guys for any side effects, including but not limited to:

Sense of unease at bowl looking 'wrong'.
Overly soggy Weetabix because I can't judge it right.
Teeth falling out due to copious sugar overload.
Collapsing due to lack of nutrition at about 11:30 each morning.
New, svelte, sporty, Bazza deciding that spending all his time conversing with nerds on the internet when he could be majestically running through the fells is a waste of time and leaving the forum.

·
Registered
265 Posts
May I suggest that 3 is the wrong amount.

2 is plenty of a morning.
I actually have 1-and-a-half Weetabix's (Weetabixii..???) every morning. Is that weird? My missus always teases me about it. I just get bored of the taste of eating two or more, and it's a mush. However, the problem is it gets messy when breaking a Weetabix in half, crumbs everywhere.

And I've now substituted a good dollop of honey on instead of white sugar :yum: .

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I actually have 1-and-a-half Weetabix's (Weetabixii..???) every morning. Is that weird? My missus always teases me about it. I just get bored of the taste of eating two or more, and it's a mush. However, the problem is it gets messy when breaking a Weetabix in half, crumbs everywhere.

And I've now substituted a good dollop of honey on instead of white sugar :yum: .
Yes. You are officially weird!
Not sure I could do with the weetabix fall out every morning cutting in half. I have enough ****e to clean up after the hooligans have had their 4 course brekkie.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts