Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd show you this.
After buying my lovely 156, I have to sell my little Rover. Bought the car approx 3 years ago after my Fiat Brava went bang. Just needed a commuter/runabout to bail me out til I saved some proper money.
Found a Rover 214SLi on Fleabay with 24k on it from new according to the owner. I took a chance and got it for just over £500 cos I figured I could walk away if it was pants. When I went to look at the car, I got chatting to the guy. His ad had said there was no service history but the car had belonged to his next door neighbour, an elderly gent who had died. The family had offered it to him but couldn't find any of the history. I was sceptical but, once I saw the car and got chatting to the guy it was clear he was on the level. So bought it and it's been marvelous. mechanics have remarked how clean it is and one even offered to buy it off me when I took it for a service!!

Anyway, I've put it on ebay for sale and I had a question that I didn't know the answer to. I went on to the Rover forum to try and find the answer and found a post from one of their members about my car!!! He'd been going through Fleabay and found my ad and decided to be an **** about it. Unknown to him, I saw his post. Click on the link to see what happened next!

Ebay 214 sli What do you think?? iffy?? - MG-Rover.org Forums

I've only been on this forum for 5 minutes but so far, EVERYONE I've spoken to has been very friendly and helpful. Unlike this mob. Buy British? PAH!

G

·
Have to say the forum's response was generally pretty reasonable. The members could however have taken the OP to task immediately for asserting that you were either stupid or dishonest without allowing for any other interpretation.

I notice that the OP has not made any further comment or offered an apology since you posted your clarification. You'll be much better off with us here, probably... :)

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
The trouble is no matter which forum you are on there are always going to be a few Idiots.

AO is certainly one of the best if not the best forum I use though, so you should be ok here. :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts