Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been looking at a nearly new Veloce and the model I was considering is at the Pentagon Doncaster branch.

I have been in touch with them and they have offered me a seemingly great offer on a brand new Veloce which would be the exact spec that I am looking for and would come out cheaper (with some finance gameplay).

Have had a quick search of the forum and haven't found much mention of them - just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them good and/or bad?

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Been in once for a look when in the area. Always a decent selection of Giulias on the forecourt and seen very keen on their pricing....happy to match other dealers and CarWow.

They've spent lots on QV teledials and carbon rear spoilers to 'upspec' cars to try and move them. Always seem to have some very, very high spec cars sat in the showroom and on the forecourt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
they are my local dealership. I've been in there a few times. There weren't very competitive when i priced up a Veloce on carwow (i've ended up leasing one anyway from Beechdale). I test drove a QV and veloce at Doncaster though, they're generally very helpful and our mito has been in there a couple of times for work without incident (in fact they helped a lot on our claim with Alfa for a free replacement of a failed multi-air unit on the Mito)

overall they're good, but as previous poster said, they focus on high spec models. they had "modded" a veloce last time i was there with 19" wheels, rear spoiler etc, but they'd also put a cloverleaf badge (larger than the one on the actual QV) on which i thought looked a bit naff.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They had "modded" a veloce last time i was there with 19" wheels, rear spoiler etc, but they'd also put a cloverleaf badge (larger than the one on the actual QV) on which i thought looked a bit naff.
Yeah, alot of the models that have include the 19" teledials and the carbon spoiler, both of which I am quite keen on, but if I do go ahead with them I will be requesting they keep the excessively large cloverleaf badge off!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah, alot of the models that have include the 19" teledials and the carbon spoiler, both of which I am quite keen on, but if I do go ahead with them I will be requesting they keep the excessively large cloverleaf badge off!
Agreed on the badge to be removed...not at all keen on that. And much as I like the teledials 19in alloys I feel the QV sized ones look just a tad too big on anything but a QV Giulia. Euro Veloce sized 19ins are what I'd choose (if we had that option).

I like the spoiler, I know others don't....

The deal Pentagon offered me on a Speciale was a substantial discount, but I was in there on the last day of the financial quarter and they were especially keen to seal a deal for that day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah the deal I have been offered is a pretty huge discount but based on it being a Q4 deal so needs to be done by the 4th Jan.

Had 2 quotes from separate dealers and both have said the same thing. Apparently Fiat's deals for Q1 are worse so they are expecting Alfa to follow suit.

The car they have spec'd has already been built and is about to get on the ship so should be here within the month and they fit the spoiler and Teledials on-site. Will be requesting the cloverleaf badge is kept off though!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yeah the deal I have been offered is a pretty huge discount but based on it being a Q4 deal so needs to be done by the 4th Jan.

Had 2 quotes from separate dealers and both have said the same thing. Apparently Fiat's deals for Q1 are worse so they are expecting Alfa to follow suit.

The car they have spec'd has already been built and is about to get on the ship so should be here within the month and they fit the spoiler and Teledials on-site. Will be requesting the cloverleaf badge is kept off though!
How much did they charge for the QV allloys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up my QV from there in November, went smothely, car arrived on the day they said it would. No issues, haven't had any problems so can't comment on aftercare; sometimes how they deal with an issue is a good way to judge... but over the moon that my 2500 miles have been fault free.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up my QV from there in November, went smothely, car arrived on the day they said it would. No issues, haven't had any problems so can't comment on aftercare; sometimes how they deal with an issue is a good way to judge... but over the moon that my 2500 miles have been fault free.
Good to hear! I ordered with them yesterday, was a model that has already been built and was almost the exact spec I was after. Their communication so far has been very good and have even arranged to get the window tints done at the dealer as the option wasn't included on the build.

Been helpful with investigation different finance/deposit contributions etc as well.

Also, as i am taking their "Cloverleaf" deal (teledials and carbon spoiler) I asked about the original turbine wheels that the car will arrive with and have confirmed that these will be included in the sale. Fingers crossed the delivery/handover all goes as smoothly, will update when I know more but so far...impressed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts