Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know there are a few people on AO who like to pull the wobbly box and thery have every right to defend their passion.....

But what happens when you hook up drivers who are renown for clogging up the roads on the weekends with their sub 25MPH driving and Caravans......

you get this

WTF is all this about:noway:

I ask you, is this not a recepie for complete A road chaos.....an old giffer in his Honda Jizz and a wobbly box on the back of it :bat:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I can't see the point of caravans, I really can't. Surely with the cost of the caravan, the extra insurance, fuel wear and tear on the car and so on it would pay for who knows how many weekends away in a B&B and you would get around quicker and have more time thus you would get about more, enjoy better facilities and more comfort. I must be missing something but I just don't get it.

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
At first I thought it was good news - then I realised it's an association of retired people who drag sheds around the countryside, not an association of people who have given up on the weekend pikey thing. . .

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Here's an application form for you J :lol:

APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP

BLOCK LETTERS PLEASE

Mr./Mrs./Miss/Surname/s ................................./........................................

All applicants to be entered ( if not Husband & Wife both surnames to be entered)

Initials ..............................

ADDRESS .........................................................................

Post Code ................... Tel. No.inc. S.T.D. ......................................

Mobile Tel. No:.....................................

Signature/s .............................................................................................

The completed form must be signed by all applicants and sent, together with the
membership fee shown below, (payable to the R.C.A. Ltd.), and a 9” x 6” s.a.e., to

Mrs. M.J.. Pick
Hon. Membership Secretary
33 St. George Road
Bulwark
Chepstow NP16 5LA

Membership fee:- £10.00 per couple - £5.00 per single person.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
But what happens when you hook up drivers who are renown for clogging up the roads on the weekends with their sub 25MPH driving and Caravans......

you get this

WTF is all this about:noway:
Jay, if you ever see me signing up for this club, you have my permission to shoot me on sight. :eek:

PS: Howell - at least you were using something with a bit of grunt to pull your wobbly box. :thumbs: (great term for "caravan", Jay! :lol: )

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Blimey Howell if you own that combo, and live there howsabout a meet up at the Garden Loggia Cafe, Hyatt Regency, Grand Cayman At Brittania, BWI for a breakfast treat/meet on you?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Rather than buying caravans why not spend the money on a b&b or static caravans at a site or even a tent? Caravans aren't too bad as long as they are being towed by something that can actually move well with it and the driver is aware they are going to be slower and are considerate

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
PS: Howell - at least you were using something with a bit of grunt to pull your wobbly box. :thumbs: (great term for "caravan", Jay! :lol: )
Blimey Howell if you own that combo, and live there howsabout a meet up at the Garden Loggia Cafe, Hyatt Regency, Grand Cayman At Brittania, BWI for a breakfast treat/meet on you?
now that is a nice looking setup
:lol: All the closet caravanners are coming out !

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
No problems if you decide to sell up the main house either? Just move into that four wheeled bungalow, jump in the Merc, off to view horizons anew? You lucky old buzzard! :lol: :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts