Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had a penalty charge notice drop through the door for "Bus Land Contraventions" for "Minster Street" in Reading ... there are NO bus lane signs NOR bus lane markings ... so how the heck are you supposed to know that it is a bus lane :mad::mad:

·
Registered
37,766 Posts
I would be asking them to prove it was a bus lane, some pictures oif your car in the lane with the bus lane signs visible should suffice.

If they can't proove that you were there and that it was clearly marked I don't see how their case could stand up.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be asking them to prove it was a bus lane, some pictures oif your car in the lane with the bus lane signs visible should suffice.

If they can't proove that you were there and that it was clearly marked I don't see how their case could stand up.
They've sent me a picture of the car in the "lane" (actually it's the whole road) ... I'm sure there is a sign hidden somewhere (if you do a google for Minster St Reading it is quite common place for people to be "caught") ... the trouble is that for £30 it's just not worth the grief to fight it (which is just what they want)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so I didn't see the sign (it was dark and I was distracted with my sat nav :eek:)

9hjhtt.jpg

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
serves you right for going to reading :p
I know I fricking hate the place and will do anything not to go there trouble is that Daughter #1 has just started a new school and Reading is the only place to buy the uniform from :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
:cheese:

I came home a couple of weeks ago to see Mrs Dibnah in an apopleptic state after receiving a PCN for a bus lane contravention in Kingston.

"it's an outrage" she quealed "I didn't do it"

Send off for the piccie I said - you never know, they may have made a mistake.

Piccie arrived. Mrs Dibnah's XC90 clearly driving down a bus lane, even driving over the "BUS LANE" writing on the road surface. Which was red.

"Ah" she said.... "i think I may have strayed into it as I was changing lanes...." :cheese:

Sometimes you just have to lead with your chin.

·
Registered
410 Posts
serves you right for going to reading :p
For a time I worked in Reading,stood drinking with a bloke who all evening derided Reading with every breath.
I had to meet the Mayor of Reading some days later,and he was the bloke from the pub !!!!!:cheese:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
For a time I worked in Reading,stood drinking with a bloke who all evening derided Reading with every breath.
I had to meet the Mayor of Reading some days later,and he was the bloke from the pub !!!!!:cheese:
Classic :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:confused: Technically that is an access only sign, which, unless I'm mistaken, is that you can drive through that area if you need access, i.e. dropping off/picking up/vising/etc.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
:confused: Technically that is an access only sign, which, unless I'm mistaken, is that you can drive through that area if you need access, i.e. dropping off/picking up/vising/etc.
That's not how I read it... using this link to the highway code of "Signs Giving Orders" I'd read it to say "No motor vehicles" between the hours stated with the exceptions listed. Dropping off/picking up etc is irrelevant unless it says "Except for access" beneath it (as is usually the case when the the "No motor vehicles" sign is used around housing estates)...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts