Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just before I rush off to the dealers in the next couple of days, has anyone experienced peeling lacquer on their red QV calipers? :cry: Noticed it at the weekend, when I was cleaning the wheels - only on the front drivers side, all the others seem to be ok . . .

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you use a pressure washer? could be something that started off as a small stone chip or something and the water has got underneath the lacquer ?
Normally only use pressure washer with snow foam gun on the end, but suppose it's possible. I'll wait and see if the dealers are on my side for a warranty repair/replacement

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have this on my 155tb and its also on the drivers side i do not think alfa will do it under warranty as it could have been done by me cleaning the car etc but i will also ask my dealer when i get my gearbox fitted! worth a try:rolleyes:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's going in tomorrow for an oil & filter change. Showed them the caliper yesterday and they seem pretty sure they can get them replaced (noticed it happening on passenger side front too).
We'll see what tomorrow brings!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, dropped it off this morning and it'll have to go back for the calipers to be replaced under warranty next week (they haven't come in, in time).
Excellent service from Alexanders, Teesside

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, dropped it off this morning and it'll have to go back for the calipers to be replaced under warranty next week (they haven't come in, in time).
Excellent service from Alexanders, Teesside
I will deffo be asking my dealers about my calipers on monday when the car goes in for a new gearbox! So far the dealership has been brilliant (beechdale alfa derby) so fingers crossed they can look at getting me a new caliper:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
I will deffo be asking my dealers about my calipers on monday when the car goes in for a new gearbox! So far the dealership has been brilliant (beechdale alfa derby) so fingers crossed they can look at getting me a new caliper:thumbs:
where's the like button when you need one :thumbs:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's going in tomorrow lunchtime - said they only needed it for an hour, so I'll drop it off and walk back to work. Going to mention the lethargic drivers seat belt too . . . :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After an abortive attempt yesterday (Alfa decided to send plain black callipers instead of red!), it gone sorted this afternoon. Nice warranty!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got a 155, and this has happened to the passenger side caliper....part ordered under warranty, no questions asked + I get a courtesy car for the weekend, lets hope its something special!
:)

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've got a 155, and this has happened to the passenger side caliper....part ordered under warranty, no questions asked + I get a courtesy car for the weekend, lets hope its something special!
:)
What year is your car?

One of my calipers has peeled a little also but didn't think the warranty would cover to be honest!

·
Registered
75 Posts
What year is your car?

One of my calipers has peeled a little also but didn't think the warranty would cover to be honest!
2009 (59 reg)

Before they had time to refuse the claim, I made a valid point that the car had only covered 12,500 miles in 3 years...getting a few other bits done before the warranty is up :)

But tbh, its in the dealers best interest to help you out, as they make money from all these warranty claims.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The dealers will not do my calipers said it was a stone chip so not covered told them the car is only over 2 years old and has only covered about 13-14k so not mega miles tried my hardest to get them to budge but they kept saying it is not up to them and there was nothing they can do! Will have to repaint and re sticker them myself soon and might have brembo stickers instead of the alfa stickers on there for an added touch:thumbs:

·
Registered
75 Posts
The dealers will not do my calipers said it was a stone chip so not covered told them the car is only over 2 years old and has only covered about 13-14k so not mega miles tried my hardest to get them to budge but they kept saying it is not up to them and there was nothing they can do! Will have to repaint and re sticker them myself soon and might have brembo stickers instead of the alfa stickers on there for an added touch:thumbs:
Thats a shame I guess! persoanlly I'd try another dealer if I got refused any sort of warranty work.

May not be the case with mine, you can see that the lacquer has sort of melted off, look like brak fluid has escaped from the valve on the top of the calliper and worked its way down...i've heard it only needs re-lacquering and not painting, im usre this is only applicable if noticed as soon as it began.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thats a shame I guess! persoanlly I'd try another dealer if I got refused any sort of warranty work.

May not be the case with mine, you can see that the lacquer has sort of melted off, look like brak fluid has escaped from the valve on the top of the calliper and worked its way down...i've heard it only needs re-lacquering and not painting, im usre this is only applicable if noticed as soon as it began.
Hmm my calipers look the same a kind of melting effect but i just do not think a re lacquer will help my calipers as the paint behind has now had the full impact of the road dirt etc that the lacquer would protect from ! so i will sand myn down and repaint them at some point and get some new stickers etc:thumbs:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hmm my calipers look the same a kind of melting effect but i just do not think a re lacquer will help my calipers as the paint behind has now had the full impact of the road dirt etc that the lacquer would protect from ! so i will sand myn down and repaint them at some point and get some new stickers etc:thumbs:
ah ok...if so def go overboard with the lacquer to make them look shiny all the time haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts