Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received any info (or enquired) about payment holidays relating to Alfa PCH/PCP deals?

I have asked the question earlier this week but they couldn’t advise further as yet. I know mortgage lenders are going down this route but for a lot of people car financing may be the second biggest outlay after a mortgage, wondering if there will be any relief.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would have thought it's in FCAs best interest to try and help as much as possible if people are struggling to find the money for pcp/pch. What are they going to do with dozens or maybe hundreds of repossessed vehicles? I can't imagine there is much market for these cars at this moment.

It surely would save them money by pausing payments for a few months than taking the car and then trying to recoup the money?

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
I Think those of us who’ve paid over half could legally just walk away from the pcp leaving the car and the keys?
They would not want to get those cars back right now.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I think it will depend on what the government does on this proposed 80% (or £2500 max) of salary thing they are proposing....Im sure we wont get it all ways...Salary top up, sick pay, mortgage holiday, HP/PCP break....etc etc.

Luckily I owe nothing to know one...mortgage aside and that's not huge. So hopefully I will as least have a home after this....even if I don't have a job and do have rather less elderly relatives (I'm really hoping not of course....Happy Mothers Day Mum!

Boris said not to visit your mum on mothers day yo minimise the spread of the virus to old folks.....very sensible and a great idea.....so, doing what Im told, I went last night....see Im not as stupid as I seem!!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hadn’t actually thought of the 50% break out clause, I’m sure that will be tempting for a few owners struggling with income loss at this moment. I’m some way off that myself, I’m hoping the mortgage holiday alone will be ‘enough’ to get us through but would be nice to know there is a back-up if needed.

The view of getting it ‘all ways’ is not being shared by those self employed at the moment tho, I can vouch for that. I’m sure/hope the government will address this in the very near future.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think if it comes to it it will be on a case by case basis between customer and FCA. Like others have said the government aren't going to step in on this. But I do believe FCA will be open to some sort of arrangement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts