Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello good, kind people of the Alfa community
I've been thinking for a while on how one could, in one's personal capacity, make the world a better place. And I've come up with the following idea which will not only be a worthy cause, but a self-satisying one too.
So, without further ado, here goes;
1. I'm looking for a restoration project and I'm in need of either a 60's, 70's or 80's alfa. Excluding suds, sprints and alfa 6's.
2. I'm in need of alfa badges for my 156 and Giulietta, front and rear. New ones preferably.
3. Window switches for my 156.
As price/money is no object, I'm expecting you, the good alfa people (see opening statement) to provide it to me free of charge.
In so doing, I will then do my utmost to help the next guy with his needs (free of charge, of course).
PM me or post here.
Thanking you in advance,
Munier

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Munier I have someone who might be able to help you, give me your cell I'll call you later...
One thing I know is, Alfa guys help each other more than ANY other guys....
Cheers, and I'm sure everyone will do their bestest...
:thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now you see people, SdK's a good friend of mine. In some manner, however small it may be, I've already done my bit to help out a fellow Alfa oke. And look at what's happening with Guili (who confuses me with the spelling of his nickname and the actual spelling) at the end of the month. So my request is not that far fetched.
I'll make it even easier, I have a motor already so won't even need a car with a motor.
Thanks SdK, will send PM shortly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yo man, I have a Nice sprint that I vowed never to sell, but if its going to become a restore project I would be willing to let it go and become a better car like it so deserves, Now unfortunately It is my only drive, so a Freebie give away is not on the cards... Its a sprint veloce twin carbs :)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I have a complete Giulietta body in Kimberley...no bonnet. but complete body...I'm not sure but I'll talk to my dad if you interested...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Trackman... I'll keep that in mind. Ironically (since I'm not really looking for a sprint), I enquired about one here in CT a few months back for 3k, but I was a bit too late. Not mechanically familiar with the sprints/suds.
The idea is to rather spend the $$$ on restoring something rather than having to spend and pay a fortune on a runner that I'm going to strip to pieces anyway... follow my thought??
I've seen people just let their alfa's whither away, but because I enquire about it they see $$$. I've seen so many get scrapped, when it could've gone to a good home etc..
Anyway...

·
Registered
253 Posts
@ Guili I have a Guilietta Bonnet, but I wanna throw it away, so talk fast If you want it??

@ AR156SA I understand your piont about alfa's wasting away... Mine is sort of like that, I havent been spending much time on it, because I've been busy on the Guilietta :( ,

But if you interested let me know, I do have some mech spares and I got abit of body stuff from Eric last week (Im sure he wont mind if I send it with my sprint as long as it goes to good use)

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
I would suggest a Junior, man. Gearbox mated directly to the engine. There is a guy who has about 17 Alfa's stored on a farm in Kraaifontein and some of them are runners with bad bodies. He advertised on Gumtree in late december and I met him in Yzerfontein, but the Junior he was selling was too rough for me to work on. I'll try and find his number if you are interested.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ all y'all - I really don't mind taking on any project, but my problem is the initial outlay. I'd have to do some serious bargaining with the missus. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Although she knows and respects that it's a passion that I have - to justify the upfront spend is going to be hard. For spares and other items, that I can save for (setting up an alfa fund..lol). But, without the car, I won't start saving and that's just how it is with me.
@ Guili - won't mind another giuli, but to get it here will most likely be an issue. But we can discuss again depending on what your old man says.
@ Trackman - as I said will keep the option open - maybe there is a ship waiting to port ha ha ha.
@ El, yes, I saw that last year. Is that the same guy who was only going to advertise till 1 Jan? I was seriously contemplating that - but only because I still had some of my bonus left .. LMAO. Pls see if you can get me the number, you might never know. I can play the pity card very well.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
sa156sa, Kimberley shouldn't be a problem, I MIGHT be able to get a car trailer, if you can get a bakkie...
Weekend trip? what you say???

·
Registered
253 Posts
sa156sa, Kimberley shouldn't be a problem, I MIGHT be able to get a car trailer, if you can get a bakkie...
Weekend trip? what you say???
car fetching road trips are Awesome!! We did one PTA to Durban and back to fetch my dads Syncro combi, in one day... is good fun!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Trackman, would you consider selling your sprint?
Under very strict circumstances.... If it goes to a good home and gets redone, or fixed up properly, or gets turned into a Race car but must be done properly.. And STAY IN SA!!!

I was my first car and it is one of the TOP models of "sud" to ever come out.. so I done wanna sell it to an average Jo (Im not saying you are) thats gonna drive it and let it rot away...

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
@Trackman...its actually only my bonnect hinge that's problematic..the bonnet like sticks up on the one side and looks like a racecar ...I came from Cape Town while on Uni holidays...radiator pipe burst...stopped opened bonnet, in all the rage and heat and fear...I forgot to close the bonnet correctly, turned around and crawled the car back to the last town I was in which was like 5km's away...then a truck came by and woooosh...bonnet meet roof, no damage to roof or windshiled...bunt bonnet hindge floped, since then, didn't fix it, who in Kimberley will fix it, they drop dead at the thought of working on an Alfa...varke!

·
Registered
253 Posts
@Trackman...its actually only my bonnect hinge that's problematic..the bonnet like sticks up on the one side and looks like a racecar ...I came from Cape Town while on Uni holidays...radiator pipe burst...stopped opened bonnet, in all the rage and heat and fear...I forgot to close the bonnet correctly, turned around and crawled the car back to the last town I was in which was like 5km's away...then a truck came by and woooosh...bonnet meet roof, no damage to roof or windshiled...bunt bonnet hindge floped, since then, didn't fix it, who in Kimberley will fix it, they drop dead at the thought of working on an Alfa...varke!
Holy Crap mam!! the exact happened to me (bonnet flying open) my hinges are Fked
I have worked them, filed them, bent them, hammered them and I still cant get the bonnet to line up properly..:mad:

Sorry for the Tread Jack.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Eish! So how the hell do we fix it then, coz it stands up at the one end...damnit...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts