1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Pay at the pump petrol stations have a £60 limit ... my alfa has a 60litre fuel tank and at £1.20 a litre the most I can fill up is about 50 litres .. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Not a problem I thought ... I'll just put my card in again and fill up a second time ... but oh no it won't let me ...
Doesn't it annoy you. I have this problem..

Shell is worse. if you use V-power! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
Yep, the P&P at my local Shell is out-of-order more often than it's working.

N

·
0 Posts
Of course the real reason for these
pumps is so then can lay people
off. :tut:

Esso closed all their service station
shops here. I refuse to use them ever
now.

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
Just clicks off, exactly as it would if your tank was full. Except you can't do the little clicky thing for a bit more.

·
Premium Member
45,010 Posts
I thought it would.. Have tried it loads of times but my tank has always clicked full after £55 quid or so. My cars fuel gauge always drops to empty once I have 8 litres left or less, I don't know why :confused: But it means I never run it right to the bottom.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
That's because the fuel gauge on the 156 is logarithmic Pud :lol: Mine uses its second half of a tank a hell of a lot faster than it uses the first half.....

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
The whole point of [email protected] is to reduce waiting times at the kiosk. Fair enough but then you get people that use it to pay for their fuel and then go in anyway to buy some smokes or some chocolate. Fair enough i'm not too bothered about that. What I am bothered about though are the people that cant remember their vehicle reg number even though they are standing right next to the car and stand there trying to remember rather than take a look!!! But even more annoying are the women that take an age just to start their car!! Why dont they install car starters for these people? Check mirrors. Check seatbelt. Undo seatbelt to find keys. Put seatbelt back on again. Check makeup. Check mirrors again. By this time its made **** all difference that they skipped the queue at the kiosk and im still sitting behind them wanting to go. And to top it off nicely its cost me a small fortune to do it.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Yep, I use Asdas finest, has a 70 pound limit, I can easily fill my 51 litre tank with that.... sure it wont be long before ill struggle to get 51liters for 70 pounds though :mad:

·
Premium Member
45,010 Posts
Thing is, I try and use p. @ p. and half the time it won't read my card, so I end up having to pay inside and look like a right ******.

Nicky - I've had 220 miles out of the first half of my tank! :eek:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
£60 limit on the pump at Tesco's & my van takes £90 for a full tank.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts