Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: hi this is the first alfa i have ever owned, my car was experiencing severe over heating problems with no apparent water lose except the back pressure which would obviously come out the water filler cap, once i had topped up the water it would go for weeks without overheating again i thought it was the thermostat breaking down and losing the abillity to fully open.eventually it become apparent it was the radiator which was corroded and gave out on the way back from work,the confussion factor is that i ordered a replacement via the internet carefully following all the related guidelines i.e. reg make model etc... when it arrived i took my old rad out and to my surprise it was not the same as the old rad it was about 70cm too short.i went back to the server page to investigate it was indeed the right rad for my car but there are two rads the one i need is for 156ts with or without aircon (the one i received is non aircon which is my car)i have reordered and am waiting to see what turns up in the meantime i will have the extra cost of returning the rad.i have always enjoyed fixing cars and doing my own repairs this is the first time i have come across this problem and hope this experience helps others not to make the same embarrassing mistake i have. well thats enough of me waffeling on your probably drifting off to sleep if not thanks for taking the time to read this and welcoming me into the alfa owners club as jerame clarkson says your not a true petrol head unless youve owned an alfa and on that note goodbye.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome, I read it all! Not only do you have the added expence you have the inconvenience of the car being off the road. Jeremy Clarkson is on the money there mate I am on my 3rd. I would of thought that this site you purchased it from would have specified wether it was a a/c one or not? Hope you get it sorted soon.

James

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi there & Welcome ! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the welcome, the ***** is fixed and back on the road running well but she seems to be miss fireing,can any one help!Also she turns over really slow for the first couple of cranks then starts she has never let me down she always starts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts