Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has any idea if it's possible to pass some wires to the 147's doors?
I'm working on my audio install today, and i still haven't figured out that. I wanna try to avoid as much as possible having to use the stock wiring.

The wires that currently go to the door look like some sort of connector, and i was unable to unplug it. Any idea on how to do that? any free pins on that connector?

Help :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
You will have to find the rubbergrommet on the inside of the car (peel back carpet and soundproofing). Drill a hole in it large enough to accomodate your wire (i used 8mm drillbit). Pull cable through..
Dismantle the connector going into the door, now you have two choices, either get the right kind of connecting bits(metal things in the plug) or drill through the connector. Now you should be able to pull the wire through the connector into the door.

Some of my pics might help: http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j308/Martin156/?start=80

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've decided to pass the speaker wires from the amp to the headunit, then from the head unit's harness to the speaker, using the stock wire.

How bad is my decision? Should i pass some decent speaker cable to the doors, or anything really can do?

·
Registered
324 Posts
TSpark said:
I've decided to pass the speaker wires from the amp to the headunit, then from the head unit's harness to the speaker, using the stock wire.

How bad is my decision? Should i pass some decent speaker cable to the doors, or anything really can do?
It's not bad, as in most modern cars it's the only way to get an aftermarket system to work..

Also you won't get more than 14awg (1,75mm2) cable through the connectors, and it gives you the ability to pull the speaker cables down the middle of the car, as the left side is really crowded with factory power wires and your amps power wire.

I'm probably also going this way if (when) i go 3-way on my front system and have to feed another speaker cable into the door.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey Tspark
how exactly did you wire/connect the amp speaker wire to the headunit?

Wouldnt you just pull out the front wires from the iso adaptor and connect the amp speaker wire to the end of it without going into headunit first?

..im trying to do the same job.

·
Registered
324 Posts
alfa1999 said:
Hey Tspark
how exactly did you wire/connect the amp speaker wire to the headunit?

Wouldnt you just pull out the front wires from the iso adaptor and connect the amp speaker wire to the end of it without going into headunit first?

..im trying to do the same job.
You don't wire the speakerwires coming from the amp to the headunit. If you are using the OEM wiring you'll need a male ISO plug (left one in pic) that plugs into the cars wiringloom, you then connect the speakerwires from the amp to that ISO plug.

http://www.carsound.dk/log/produkter/510970.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts