Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger window wont go down at all. Bought another window switch didn't work either. Also the mileage is flashing too. No other faults and its so annoying.

Please please help

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Flashing mileage indicates a failure of a node on the CAN network, which in your case sounds like a window control module failure.

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Or the other way round, first try a proxy alignment, as that doesn't have to cost anything..... If that doen't help, other controller...

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
My passenger window wont go down at all. Bought another window switch didn't work either. Also the mileage is flashing too. No other faults and its so annoying.

Please please help
Any clicking sounds when you press the switch? Was the odometer flashing with the original switch, the flashing indicates a new device detected on the CANBUS so I rather suspect it's 'seeing' the new switch.

Sounds ominously like a duff window motor.

Good luck

Pub

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got a second hand passenger switch and a driver one about 2 months ago. Done the proxy alignment today and all that's happened is the mileage has stopped flashing

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FFS

please help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any clicking sounds when you press the switch? Was the odometer flashing with the original switch, the flashing indicates a new device detected on the CANBUS so I rather suspect it's 'seeing' the new switch.

Sounds ominously like a duff window motor.

Good luck

Pub

When i press the drivers window switch (to put the passenger window down) i can here clicking. Pressing the passenger is just clicking too.

When my original driver window switch went, then flashing mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts