Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I have a little problem with my passenger window that gets stuck when you operate the button up and down.

My friend and I had the door card off yesterday, and we have discovered that it is the scissor arc that appears to be getting stuck at some point. The window motor works fine, and it seems when it is about half way it seems to be getting jammed on something?

How do you get too the scissor arc arm that is behind the door panel? I think it is an easy fix, but seems awkward to get to? :confused:

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated, thankyou :thumbs:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,340 Posts
Have you checked that all the Bolts holding the Reg are tight ? They seem to have a habit of working loose, they do on mine anyway.

Not sure but I reckon that the only way to do anything with it is to remove it from the Car. Not too bad a job, just release it from the Glass, remove the Bolts holding it to the Car and do a bit of juggling to remove it from the Door.

Of course when you refit it you'll have the fun job of Window realignment.........

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Nige, I will take a look and see if the bolts are loose, there seems to be 3 of them holding on the scissor like arc, which makes the window go up and down, it just sounds like it needs re-aligning and is getting jammed and caught on something, hopefully an easy fix. :cool:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,340 Posts
Thanks Nige, I will take a look and see if the bolts are loose, there seems to be 3 of them holding on the scissor like arc, which makes the window go up and down, it just sounds like it needs re-aligning and is getting jammed and caught on something, hopefully an easy fix. :cool:
:thumbs: I hope it's an easy one Mark. Can't remember the number of Bolts holding all the bits in.

If you do need the Window realignment after the fix there's loads of Threads on here which will help you and possibly save your sanity ! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts