Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Got my MiTo a couple days ago and have noticed the Passenger side window won't go up the extra inch or two when the door is closed again. Normally happens if the electrics are off whereas the driver's side works absolutely fine, electrics or not. It's rather tedious having to keep on turning electrics back on to put it back up.

Anyone have any ideas what to try before I end up taking it back into the dealer?

Thanks,
Nizzy

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can "reset" the windows by opening them fully and holding the switch down for 3 seconds and then repeat for closing them (with the doors closed)
Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The end of the section "ELECTRIC WINDOWS" of the owners manual describes the process which racingsnail has mentioned (page 98 in the copy I've got) :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The end of the section "ELECTRIC WINDOWS" of the owners manual describes the process which racingsnail has mentioned (page 98 in the copy I've got) :)
Thanks for your responses, have given it a go but unfortunately to no avail. Opened the door a couple of times with no electrics on and it didn't work for a couple then for some reason went down when I opened it and didn't go back up.

EDIT: Works every time when electrics are on.

Back to the dealer I guess? :(

·
Registered
344 Posts
By "electrics on" you mean ignition switched on?

So with the ignition off, the passenger window will automatically go down a little when the door is opened, but not back up after the door is closed?
But with the ignition on, the passenger window will automatically down a little when the door is opened and automatically go back up when the door is closed?

When the ignition is on, is the engine running? Or is this without the engine running? (Sounds odd that having the ignition on would make a difference)

If the reset hasn't done it, yeah back to the dealer I think... someone in the past had to have a new regulator when the reset didn't sort it... http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito/346240-mito-window-problem.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I say "electrics on" I mean to the first notch, the engine isn't running. When there is no key in the ignition at all the window takes a few tries before it'll go down but won't go back up. When the key is in and turned to the first notch the window works fine and same if engine is running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts