Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pass door won't close flush to the body - alhough the warning light doesn't come on on the dash (!?) On closer inspection it appears as if the doobery attached to the car, that the door catch grabs, has moved. Its moved in the direction away from the inside of the car - if you know what I mean. If I push the doobery back manually the door just pulls it back again (doh!) Looks like the doobery needs tightening back up with a tool that has a large star shaped tip? Or maybe I should be investigating why the door won't close? Its not because the doobery has moved. The doobery has moved BECAUSE the door won't close - not the other way around. PLUS can someone PLEASE tell me what the doobery is called!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
This has happened to me. You need a large (can't remember what size) torx driver but I also recommend some locktite threadlocker. 5 minute job.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This has happened to me. You need a large (can't remember what size) torx driver but I also recommend some locktite threadlocker. 5 minute job.
thanks mate. bin thinkin bout getting the haynes manual - that'll prob say what tool I need (plus have the proper name for the doobery pin). I was more concerned on what, if anything, is causing the door not to close all the way in the first place

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
thanks mate. bin thinkin bout getting the haynes manual - that'll prob say what tool I need (plus have the proper name for the doobery pin). I was more concerned on what, if anything, is causing the door not to close all the way in the first place
Haynes manual for a GTV? Let me know when you find one...

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Have you tried getting your passenger to put their leg in the car before shutting the door?

·
Registered
145 Posts
The door striker dooberry is so designed that when the fixing screw is loosened it can be re-positioned a little in any direction to ensure perfect latching. I don't know of any other way than trial and error when positioning it. You might find that a large flat blade screwdriver may work the fastener, but it would be better to use a proper torx type bit, if you can't borrow one you could get a cheap set off e-bay.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ummm is there such thing as a tool share on this site somewhere. or somewhere where can borrow the torx thing I need ...?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The door striker dooberry is so designed that when the fixing screw is loosened it can be re-positioned a little in any direction to ensure perfect latching. I don't know of any other way than trial and error when positioning it. You might find that a large flat blade screwdriver may work the fastener, but it would be better to use a proper torx type bit, if you can't borrow one you could get a cheap set off e-bay.
Thanks. Will this do: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-TORX-KEY-SET-LONG-7-PIECE-THE-MOST-POPULAR-SIZES_W0QQitemZ290311180165QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Hand_Tools_Equipment?hash=item290311180165&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:2|294:50

1 - 16 of 16 Posts