Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange issue, got some rust appearing on the lower part of my passenger door?? Must be down to some poor repair work from a previous owner. There are a few minor dents in the door too so been advised to replace the whole thing. Anyone know of (left hand side, n/s) SPARE DOOR going? The car is met black, so doubt I will get the right colour..

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
My passenger doors the same and so were two other cars i've been to look at,maybe Alfa had a duff batch of passenger doors at some point :lol: Mines just got some bubbles on the bottom corner atm,but i've had the card off and its worse inside,so def needs replacing rather than repairing
Theres usually a few on ebay

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JRow. Your right, must have just been passenger doors and driver side is perfect?! Haven't had the door card off so not sure to the extent of it, just looks like minor surface rust from the outside. Will keep looking, not in any major rush as the car is keep in my garage so not open to the elements. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
I would have a very close look at floorpan also. IMO the passengerside of my car would generally be in poorer condition due to the camber of the road i reckon as due to the slant water does gather in greater quantity on passenger side ...normally in the UK, or any other right hand drive country. .......Of course IMO.

On another note, many people appear to be deluded about the 916 and claim "They dont rust!" trust me when i tell you ......they DO! even the aluminun(spell check).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts