Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum name: Pasi
Occupation: IT (Don't know the english term for my occupation name)
Lives: Finland -> Helsinki -> Vuosaari
Marital Status: Single, but dating ;)

What cars do you drive and why? I drive two Alfa Romeos... a red 33 1.7IE '91 and a white '86 1.5 Sprint.
I drive the 33 because I fell in love with it the second I noticed it at a used cars dealer :)
The Sprint is a hobby project, and is not really driven...

How long has this passion started and what made it start? The Alfa bug bite me back in 2001, before that I didn't really care what car I was driving...
The story goes like this: Back then I used to do on-site PC repairs. So I were in this small company’s office (reminded more of an bar than an office ;) ) fixing a PC, it was late Friday and the boss of that company had some quests at the office and they were drinking some alcohol... When suddenly one of the men remembered that he was supposed to pick up his daughter from ice skating. So he started asking if anyone was in driving condition ... and the only one who was, was me :)
We walked out of the office and outside was this most beautiful car I've ever seen... a Silver 156 ... The man gave me the keys and as we drove off from the offices parking space the guy said: “We're late. We need to go fast, I'll pay for the speeding tickets” (In Finnish of course ;) ) ... and I drove, faster than I have ever driven before or after that ...
It wasn't the speed, the handling or not even the looks of the car, but the sound, that came from the V6 beast under the bonnet, that made me fall in love with Alfa Romeo :)

For you, what’s the meaning of Alfa Romeo? Personality... The fact that none of my friends or relatives got one :D

What do you like most about Alfas? Definitely the looks ... Especially certain older models.

What do you like least about Alfas? The maintenance cost ... Everything "official" is so expensive and garages seem to add an Alfa extra to the price :(

Driving in Finland… how is that? Specially when it’s winter… At summer, I think it's like anywhere else...
At winter it's sometimes fighting to get the car started, scraping windows, digging the car out of snow in the morning, and being late from work ... But when it's not too cold or hasn't snowed, winter can be a fun season to drive :)

What would be your dream cars? The 156 GTA or the maybe the GT ... I aim “low” so I don't get disappointed ;)

What car would you least like to have? Toyota or any other “best seller” ... like BMW ;)

What do you think is the most popular thread on AO? Bazzas angry list is quite popular, but I think people have gotten the anger out so it's popularity is fading :D

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?
Destination would be France or Italy.
Passenger would be my girlfriend.
Music would be Future sound of London.
And the car should be a 156 :D

Any humorous Alfa or car related stories you wish to share with us? Nothing comes in mind right now :)

What interests do you have outside of Alfas? I like bartending ... Mixing cocktails, and even more... Drinking them :)

What do you like most about Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, episodes or posts you wish to share? Most I like about AO is that I can ask just about any Alfa related question and there is always someone who knows the answer... That is unless Bazza takes it off topic first :D .
The community is definitely the greatest I've ever seen in the net...

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thank you for your time, Pasi. ;)
It was really nice reading your interview, specially the way you got the Alfa virus!! Fantastic. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
44,912 Posts
What have I done to deserve this concerted attack?!?
Anyway, where people are asking questions, I always wait until they've had an informative reply before I start spouting rubbish :p
I'm starting to not like you Pasi... ;) :cheese:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
bazza said:
What have I done to deserve this concerted attack?!?
Anyway, where people are asking questions, I always wait until they've had an informative reply before I start spouting rubbish :p
I'm starting to not like you Pasi... ;) :cheese:
You going off topic is like Alfas having bad electronics ... an old legend that won't die :)

Don't take it too seriously ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
James, when you get back from your trip to the States you'll get the Antenna time. :)
I just need to think about the right questions! :D

·
Super Moderator
44,912 Posts
What's 'antenna time'?
BTW, I agree, Pasi's first falling for Alfa's is a great story.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bazza said:
What's 'antenna time'?
The time you'll have to speack to the world. :D

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Thanks for sharing it with us Pasi :)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
;)

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Pasi

A Finn that likes drinking.Almost as predictable as a Finn that enjoys motorsport! ;)
PS FSOL ,Papua new Guinea,is still one of my favourite tracks. :cool:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Spiderman said:
PS FSOL ,Papua new Guinea,is still one of my favourite tracks. :cool:
It's one of the best :)

I like to listen to "Kai" so loud that my ears start bleeding ;) :D :D
...Great track :)

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Funny that Hugo didn't ask if the daughter of the 156-guy was interesting :confused: :D

Nice one Pasi :) Lenteva 156 :D

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Ivo said:
Funny that Hugo didn't ask if the daughter of the 156-guy was interesting :confused: :D

Nice one Pasi :) Lenteva 156 :D
Lentävä BMW to you too... :D ;)

BTW... The daughter was about 10 years old... :eek:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pasi said:
BTW... The daughter was about 10 years old... :eek:
I had that feeling that's why I didn't ask, Ivo ;)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts