Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got my 156 2.4 jtd back from mot, and failed on pas. anyone out there got any diagrams / photos of how to change the pump and rack?
and any othe advice of possible reasons for the stiff handling at idle / low revs.????
Thanks

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi all, just got my 156 2.4 jtd back from mot, and failed on pas. anyone out there got any diagrams / photos of how to change the pump and rack?
and any othe advice of possible reasons for the stiff handling at idle / low revs.????
Thanks

Hi

What i would do before replacing the pump and rack is if you have no leaks , Drain all the fluid out and give it a flush out with a little clean fluid , Then refill and use lucas pas revive then im fairly sure that will sort your problems out. Lucus stuff not only stops leaks but sqeaks and rough spots etc etc its very good

Let us know how it goes

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks
If it's groaning on full lock at all that's another sign it needs the fluid replacing. new fluid in power steering really can ( as Mirlock says ) feel like a whole new system I'd always try it before any major work.
If it turns out you do need to do work, you need to get the correct version of elearn for your car that is about the best for step by step stuff. ( it's no Haynes I have to say but it's as good as there seems to be commonly available for alfa enthusiasts. sales of the cars just aren't high enough for Haynes or Chilton to justify the investment.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts