Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found themselves in the situation where the money drain but love of your life needed to be sold?
Only to find out that the whole is less than the sum of all its parts ?

What would be the most reasonable decision for a situation like this,

156 (98) 2.0 114k Grey momo
All new parts in the last 14 months are,

Steering rack, pump, 4x wheel bearings, 4x discs, 4xset of pads, clutch, belts, recon engine, afm, 2x top arms, 2x bottom arms, linkages, 2x calipers, 2x front brake pipes, wiper motor, exhaust, mid section, and serviced every 6k

The going rate on auto trader is £995. would this car be worth the parts to anyone for maybe 1500. or am I hoping for too much?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and keep up the good AO work :)
:thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
I know where you are coming from mate, mine may need the clutch doing but that's gonna set me back a good £400 at least, the car may be worth more in parts than it is whole, :cry:

I'm going to be selling it soon anyway as I'm getting something else by the end of the year, but dunno what to do with my Alfa, :(

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Has anyone found themselves in the situation where the money drain but love of your life needed to be sold?
Only to find out that the whole is less than the sum of all its parts ?

What would be the most reasonable decision for a situation like this,

156 (98) 2.0 114k Grey momo
All new parts in the last 14 months are,

Steering rack, pump, 4x wheel bearings, 4x discs, 4xset of pads, clutch, belts, recon engine, afm, 2x top arms, 2x bottom arms, linkages, 2x calipers, 2x front brake pipes, wiper motor, exhaust, mid section, and serviced every 6k

The going rate on auto trader is £995. would this car be worth the parts to anyone for maybe 1500. or am I hoping for too much?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and keep up the good AO work :)
:thumbs:
After all that work you may as well keep her!!! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, keeping it would be too much like self harm however the carefull addition of a sprinkler system would make a nice red water feature in the middle of the lawn just the thing the house has been asking for
cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, it seems the friends that liked the car when I bought it have been true to thier word and one lucky punter has a champion 156 for £1k.

Reason being I can still have a "borrow" of said beast when im in the area

Drive Safe ............Thumbs up .........Flash lights.........Wilco:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I've recently contacted one of those breakers on ebay about a fog lamp ... he wanted £25!!!! ... he seems to have been strangely silent since I reponsed saying I wouldn't even pay half that!!! (one of the guys on the forum has sorted me out though :thumbs:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts