Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to be positive about repairing my car now...

Assuming I get hold of the parts I need for it, how should I go about getting them re-sprayed?

I reckon I could take the parts in before fitting them (since they're all bolt-on), along with one of the knackered panels for them to match to, and get them sprayed before fitting.

Or, I could fit them all, take the car down to the spray shop and have them do it with the panels on (which is what they normally do, I believe).

Which way do you reckon would be cheaper / easier / faster / best result? What sort of price should I be looking at?

R

·
0 Posts
I'd get the bodyshop to fit and then spray the panels. Some panels (a wing for instance) needs to be sealed in at the same time as being bolted on, so it's not just a case of bolting on the new parts.

Most of the cost is in the spraying and preparation work, not the few minutes labour you'll save by doing the bolting together yourself.

I was quoted £350 to repair a door and rear panel recently. I imagine a wing will be £200 and a front bumper/bonnet around £150.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
DaKlone the cheapest option for you would be to get the parts and fit them yourself wink then the paint shop will only have to paint it and you will save on the labour costs of them fitting all the panels :D

Btw if you want to seal all the joints between the wings etc to help stop Mr Rust coming along you can buy a tin of Brushable Seam Sealer from most car accessorie places wink

1 - 4 of 4 Posts