Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.....
I am trying to organise bits and pieces for my cambelt change on my V6s.
What I would like to know is what make of cambelt... Tensioner... Water pump etc do people recommended who have carried out the change in the past???

Any mechanics in the trade around... What parts do you use... Is it only genuine Alfa bits or other OEM bits???

Cheers

·
Registered
397 Posts
Cambelt - Contitech
Idlers - SKF
WP - can't tell which make, but make sure it's got metal impeller

EBSpares should have all you need.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Cambelt - Contitech
Idlers - SKF
WP - can't tell which make, but make sure it's got metal impeller

EBSpares should have all you need.

·
Vendor
45,754 Posts
You can buy a belt kit now for the V6, it comes in an SKF box containing one belt, one tensioner and two idlers.

You should also replace the waterpump with a metal impellor one.

At the same time it is worth changing the spark plugs unless they are quite new, and also the 2 x rocker cover gaskets and 6 x spark plug gaskets.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that... Was just watching bits and pieces on EBay and was looking to buy one bit at a time... Spread the cost... And maybe get it cheaper overall .... I can spend any spare cash on some nice extras then! ;)
Belt change is not due til end of the year!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for that... Was just watching bits and pieces on EBay and was looking to buy one bit at a time... Spread the cost... And maybe get it cheaper overall .... I can spend any spare cash on some nice extras then! ;)
Belt change is not due til end of the year!
the cheepest place i have seen recently for all is shop4parts Alfa Romeo GTV V6 Timing Belt Kit
£208.33 inc vat

thats Belt, Tensioner & 2 x Idlers

the water pump is another £59

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts