Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'm liking the look of that front subframe. My engine is being replaced very soon and I don't think there would be a better time to swap the sub frame, and yours looks in excellent condition. I have a V6 though presume yours is out of a TS. I only live across the bridge from you in Chepstow so pick up shouldn't be a problem. When you say its been treated, what did you treat it with? I'll have to do a few enquires as to fitting extra, but i'll get back to you. What price were you looking to get for it?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm liking the look of that front subframe. My engine is being replaced very soon and I don't think there would be a better time to swap the sub frame, and yours looks in excellent condition. I have a V6 though presume yours is out of a TS. I only live across the bridge from you in Chepstow so pick up shouldn't be a problem. When you say its been treated, what did you treat it with? I'll have to do a few enquires as to fitting extra, but i'll get back to you. What price were you looking to get for it?
Just a bit of surface rust was removed with a grinder and a dremel to get in the nooks & crannies. Then treated with rust converter and painted. Autolusso should be able to tell you if it fits a V6. It's in Long Ashton Bristol and I'm looking for £50. Your welcome to come and have a look. Dan.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Just a bit of surface rust was removed with a grinder and a dremel to get in the nooks & crannies. Then treated with rust converter and painted. Autolusso should be able to tell you if it fits a V6. It's in Long Ashton Bristol and I'm looking for £50. Your welcome to come and have a look. Dan.
Sounds good and I will have it for that price. I'll just check with autolusso how are supplying my engine, and my local garage who are fitting it, tomorrow to see if its the same from your TS to my phase 2 cf3 engine 3 litre v6 24v.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I've just had a look on epar and I think they are the same. I'll double check with autolusso and get back to you tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had a look on Eper too. There are only 2 part numbers. I wonder if the other part number is for the v6 turbo. It says M3 alongside the part number. Does anyone know what this relates to?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
M3 = V6 Turbo.

Hover your mouse over the 'M3' for the decode:wink_org:

Reactions: spankdanny

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Just had a look on Eper too. There are only 2 part numbers. I wonder if the other part number is for the v6 turbo. It says M3 alongside the part number. Does anyone know what this relates to?
Yep spoke to autolusso and the epar only shows two, one for the v6 turbo and one for all the rest. I popped into the garage and it wouldn't cost a bomb to fit with the engine out so i'll have it. I'll PM you my phone number and email address.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
cgc, if you can get your hands on any steering rack bolts then do so. Half the time mine shear when removing the subframe; if really unlucky then there will be no protruding bolt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts