Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has always been a bit of an irritating issue.

Most serviceable parts - brakes, filters, oils and such are freely available at spares shops. I went to Alfa the other day and got a quote on a couple of items I need to replace on my GTV.

I was quite shocked at the price hike there has been in parts I priced a year ago at the same dealership.

I priced rear brake-pads for the GTV.
Alfa quoted me R1100 incl VAT... I go to PartMan and for Ferodo Premier pads I pay R650 incl VAT. How is a R450 difference justified for the same thing - Alfa use Ferodo pads, in an Alfa badged box... :confused:

Oil filter. Alfa is R40 for the filter and PartMan is R85 or something like that?

The air-filter isn't stocked by PartMan, nor is the MAF and such...

With my front brakes I use Mintex pads from Powerbrake and last paid R550 for the pads where the stock pads from Alfa were some ridiculous price...

How can something as basic as brake-pads differ so much?

·
Registered
65 Posts
please help

Hi guys I am new 2this site n don't know how everythings works but I really need your help..I started having oil leaks from the tapered cover on my 147..so I bought a new gasket da brand is victor reinz n saw that it is really thin compared to the original 1..I put the new gasket on but the oil is leaking bad out of the conners..what should I do..

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm currently pricing around for a Engine mount/stabilizer and a cambelt kit. Phoned two parts places ( lets call them A and B) and the Alfa agents and the belt kit is R500 cheaper at the parts place B and the same at Alfa and parts supplier A. Water pump is cheapest (by far) from Alfa, parts place B is the most expensive. Stabilizer is pretty much the same at parts place A and Alfa but is R300 cheaper at parts place (B).

In order to save money it would seem I would be ordering some parts from Alfa and some from each of the parts suppliers. go figure.

Hi guys I am new 2this site n don't know how everythings works but I really need your help..I started having oil leaks from the tapered cover on my 147..so I bought a new gasket da brand is victor reinz n saw that it is really thin compared to the original 1..I put the new gasket on but the oil is leaking bad out of the conners..what should I do..
Hi and welcome. You need to create your own new thread for your particular issue. Just click the new thread Tab in the main South Africa Forum page.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dont buy parts in CapeTown at the Stealers..... They load the prices hectic.

Part A in Jhb is R1200... in CT the same part is R2650. Dont ask me why.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Because Cape Town must be punished becuase Zille runs it and its the nicest place to be in summer...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dont buy parts in CapeTown at the Stealers..... They load the prices hectic.

Part A in Jhb is R1200... in CT the same part is R2650. Dont ask me why.
I think the Durban dealer is also in on this act. And they are useless which is why I prefer to import the parts myself from Autolusso or EB spares. You get much better service and most of the time the parts work out 30-50% less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts