Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 989 Posts

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting a new Parts and services thread, due to the old one being threadjacked and I dont have time to sift through and delete all the off topic posts ( yes I may have contributed to it aswell) The old thread will be open for a few more days, then deleted.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
(Purple One)

Alfa scrapyard in Germiston called

"Reef Motor Scrapyard"

Contact details:011 873 8121
Address:98 Keswick Road, Shop No.2, Germiston

These guys have a whole host of alfa romeo cars,from 155's, 145's to 156's/147's,

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

(El4Romeo)
In Western Cape for 2litre Alfa nords I can recommend:
1. ALF centre, Gordon's Bay,
Contact:Chico 021 856 3836 for the jobs you can't do yourself.

2. Carsport Holland
Contact Jeremy: 021 945 3574 - has lots of second-hand engine parts for Alfa and Renault for really good prices (for Alfa). Never took my car there yet, but he's got a very good reputation for maintenance and rebuilds.

3. Italsud in Shortmarket Street - bought timing chain tensioner wedge there once for silly money. Also many, many old and new parts.
4. For manifold gaskets and filters - Masterparts.
5. For Victor Reinz head gasket - Alert in Parow.
6. All other sealants, oils, filters - Midas when they have specials.
Not sure about bodywork places yet, but I've seen Alfa Bodyworks' Giulia TS, and the body was well done.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
(Purple one)
alfa-di...they're situated in maraisburg roodepoort,i mean they supplied me with all the belts,tensioners,idlers,piston rings,head gasket sets,bearings,the list goes on and on.if he doesn't have what you're looking he'll source it for you and his pricing is really really good.

the landline is 0114727859,alternatively you can contact him on cell 0825559439,tell him that cerrone referred you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

AK Components

Lots of Alfa parts

011 708 7234
Speak to Kevin

·
Registered
13,815 Posts

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Another great UK based source, especially for classic Alfas.
AlfaHolics
Classic Alfa Romeo cars

One more, This is Laurie Steyn's shop
Alfa Clinic
290 Marshall St
City & Suburban
Johannesburg
Phone 011 6148918

Koni SA
Address Matrix Building, 122 North Rand Road, Bardene, Boksburg, 1459
Telephone 0119182293
Fax 0119182292
E-Mail [email protected]

A

·
0 Posts
Andre's Rubber Supplies
Engine and gearbox mountings, suspension bushes, couplings...
Tel : (021) 558-0548
Fax : (021) 558-0548
Cell : 083 227-7213
Email : [email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys
Anyone know where I can get (in SA):

1) after-market sports pedals for the Mito. The dealership spent 3 months trying to get them from suppliers in SA only to be finally told that Alfa isn't making them as after-market for right-hand drive (there's a fitting difference).

2) different gear knobs for same car - it's the one interior feature that bugs me!
I've seen this, which I like much more: Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Schaltknauf Marano Nero S Schaltknauf Marano Nero S 54431

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Stay away from Suburban Motors in Durban.He quoted me for a new waterpump even though I fitted a GTV one on my 156 v6 7 months ago and went on to claim the gtv pump is WRONG for a 156!!!???The car runs hot ,110,because as far as i can tell the first .His Knowlegde is generally poor and having used him sporadically since 2003 his workmanship is worse.Sorry chaps if you are based in Durban and your car brakes down either call some of us to your house over a saturday or pray.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stay away from Suburban Motors in Durban.He quoted me for a new waterpump even though I fitted a GTV one on my 156 v6 7 months ago and went on to claim the gtv pump is WRONG for a 156!!!???The car runs hot ,110,because as far as i can tell the first .His Knowlegde is generally poor and having used him sporadically since 2003 his workmanship is worse.Sorry chaps if you are based in Durban and your car brakes down either call some of us to your house over a saturday or pray.
I Have noticed that Suburban's work has gotten worse over the years as well!!

Will be posting a new thread needing advise on my car even though they have done work worth tens of thousands of rands on my car and its still not right.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Found a new guy in Durban.I will subject my car to his skills and i'll post his details if he does well.Seems honest ,found him stripping down a 2.5 for a head gasket.My car should go to him tomorrow.

B

·
0 Posts
My MiTo went in for it's 30k service at Atlantis Nissan (Centurion). The service was great, on time and the car was spotless when I received it. But!!!! While it was in for service, I got a phone call to say that my brakes were shot - new pads required and the disks needed skimming - cost over R2300.... So I said No, thanks, I would get these done at a lower price. A note on the invoice said that the brakes had less than 1000 kms left before they would need replacing.
Anyway, I went to the local Dunlop fitment centre and asked for a price for pad replacement and disk skimming. He looked at the brakes and said that they were in perfect condition - considering the mileage I had done, I should get at least another 30k and that there was no need to skim yet.
So, my recommendation - don't take your Alfa to Atlantis Nissan.
BTW. I was asked to take the car back to Atlantis for a check. The Alfa service manager, Lloyd still says that the brakes need replacement regardless of the Dunlop tech's comments. There is still at least 6-7mm of pad left and the disks look great. My next service will not be done by Atlantis.
I am seeing the Alfa national service manager at Atlantis today. I will post his comments here.

B

·
0 Posts
Well, the service manager said that in future the service techs should state the percentage used rather than a thumbsuck amount of mileage. The check showed that the car has about 10000 kms left and that a skim would help to extend the life of a new set of pads. As a gesture of goodwill they have agreed to skim the disks and replace the pads for less than R1000. And the offer is open as long as I like.
Maybe I will give Atlantis one last chance.....

1 - 20 of 989 Posts