Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Parked our GT next to a newer one (allegedly the last 3.2 GT ever built for the UK market, supplied by Guest's in Solihull on Friday) with the chrome lower bumper whiskers. Clare & I both really liked the look of them so we want to order some.

Can anyone help with the part numbers for the bits required & the cost?

Thanks in advance:D

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Shiny :eek: Seriously, it's the drugs I'm on - I forget :(

The whiskers on the brand new 3.2 GT (not blackline) where more chrome than those on the blackline (they're satin).

Whatever, they're really nice & we want :D

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
ah, so there's a chrome version too. that's cool. the blackline certainly hasn't made it to australia, and the current '07 Oz-spec does not feature them either. :(

we are sooo behind. :p

given the chrome versions, i'd think about it too, though probably would have a tough (read: expensive) time sourcing some, as they'd have to come from overseas. hopefully you go ahead with it, cos i'd love to see photos.

:)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me again on the same subject. Dealers say they (the whiskers) are part of the bumper when they are so clearly part of the grille / indicator light assembly / insert.

Does anybody have a late ePer disk that they can check for me? Please, pretty please :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Guess this hunt takes backseat following the incident with your 156, real shame looking at the pics.

When I wanted a replacement grill with whisker for my Blackline the dealers managed to find a seperate part number on their ePer, however they needed the chassis number to drive the right part number out. Following the same logic, if you want shiny Q2 whiskers they will need a Q2 chassis number to drive out the correct part no. Assuming they stock a demo they can use its ID to drive the search.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a service at Mangoletsi in Knutsford last week, had a chat to the parts guys - they brought up the Blackline diagram on their screen and I pointed to the bits I was interested in.

They said to me it would be £25 for the mirror backs and £40 each for the whisker bits - and they are part of the grill. Sorry, didnt get the part numbers as I was in a rush but I think I will be back soon :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi. We still really want these but to note, the whiskers on the blackline are different to the whiskers on the Q2 versions (Satin v Chrome) and we want the chrome ones.

Please (pretty please), if anyone can get the part numbers I'd be really greatful:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I asked the question at Guests, Willenhall today spookily. They said they'd email me over the weekend.
You're right about the difference in finish Simon. They had a JTD with the chrome finish, looks really good. The satin ones only work with the Blackline, because the grill is also satin, as are the wing mirrors.

To be honest, they do just look like they're stuck on to the grill, but I want some ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts