Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I bought a new pair of skirts a year or so ago and have only just got around to fitting them but turns out that I dont have all the fitting bits I need! Dealer didnt think to mention it at the time :tut:

I had a look in an old version of EPER but didnt have any luck in finding a diagram with all the bits on it - can anyone help?? Part number for the skirts is 5900859. If someone could post an image or email a diagram that would be great :) Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Are you sure you have the correct p/n there?
5900859 isn't the skirts... :confused:

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
To find the skirts on ePER, look in:
External Accessories
Outer Trim Mouldings

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, 5900859 is from the label on the box - described as 'Moulding Kit M'. Desira in Norwich managed to find it on their system but I would really like to see the diagram myself. I found the section you mention in EPER but the skirts and fitting parts arent the same :confused:

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
I haven't got EPER to hand at the moment, but here's a pic I took from it a while back of the parts.

The problem is there are at least two different types of skirts. The ones I have on my '98 model are one piece and the only inserts are the rear jacking point covers. Others have inserts in the side or rear to hide fixings, etc (#6 in the picture). I saw these on a more recent Sportwagon (V-reg I think).

The part marked SGR.70019 is the factory-fitted pin that it mounted in the original steel sill (10 on each side). The skirt hangs on these using the plastic clips marked #10 as well as the screws through the lower side and the double-sided tape along the top edge.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I think it is the number 6 part that I need to plug the back end of the skirt (as it does not fit around the sill properly?). Mine will be the later version as they do not look exactly like the sports pack skirt (but are still one piece). The pins that were factory fitted along the sill are not mentioned in the fitting instructions that I have so I assume what I have is slightly different? There are three places along the skirt which are used to secure from below the skirt with clips and screws that I got with the kit. Sounds like I have the later after market type in that case and I need to buy the number 6 inserts? Why are there so many different options?!

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Part "6" in that diagram isn't a fixing.
It just covers a hole that the later skirts had for a fixing screw.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Take you pick ... although I've never seen the ones in the right pic (is that a GTA skirt?) or the lower pic as far as I know.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
The skirts with the two jacking point covers are the GTA, although they don't look like your pic!
The ones in your pic that go up at the back are for the Crosswagon 4x4

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine are almost like the 'standard' skirt in the top left hand image but I guess this is the earlier version and the ones I have are later and therefore a little different. The biggest problem I have is that although the front end of the skirt fits around the sill perfectly, the back end does not. As you said, there is a large hole and the back end where the skirt does not meet the shape of the sill correctly. Does that make sense? Is that what part 6 would be for? Like a plug that pushes in to fill the gap and hide the inside of the skirt?

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
I don't know what skirts you have, but the top left are the late skirts.

Part "6" just goes over a mounting hole, it does not fill a gap.

It sounds like the skirts you have do not fit your car!

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
The one I saw the plug seemed to go into the side of the skirt to hide the fittings. I didn't look to closely though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm...it was Mango's that sold me the skirts so I will phone them :(

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
The one I saw the plug seemed to go into the side of the skirt to hide the fittings. I didn't look to closely though.
That is exactly what it does.
The early skirts used to peal away from the body after a short time. So later skirts had that extra fixing added with part "6" to cover it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Turns out that my part number was correct - it is an 'Alfa Accessory Body Kit' part rather than 'OE Replacement' part. I thought they looked quite different when I unpacked them! Shame they didnt give me the choice when I ordered them :mad: Problem was that it was last November when I got them so probably cant send them back now?! Will take a closer look and call them back if necessary.

Thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts