Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm trying to organise my ICE upgrade and the last problem I am having is getting a CD changer to fit in my 156 SportWagon boot (156 SW JTD1.9 '04 facelift).

I have heard that some cars came with a Clarion or Alpine changer in the rear left 'oddment bin' (doored storage, like a pair of glove boxes in the estate rear side trim).

I have been looking at a Blaupunkt IDC-A09 (head unit sized 6 CD changer) that would function with my Blaupunkt Seattle CD72 after market head unit.
I was drawn to this as its the smallest Blaupunkt changer and it is shown in my Alfa owners manual that this is the CD changer that is normally fitted to my car, see pic
(hard to see at this size but full size it is an exact match for the IDC-A09):

Sportwagon oddment CD changer picture.jpg

My measurements show the storage bin to be around 2mm not deep enough so I guess there is some fiddling required.

My question: Does anyone know the Alfa part number for the trim required to fit this changer, as shown in the picture?

My ePer install isn't working right now or i'd have a look on that.
The plan is too see how much it would be from the dealership, if its too much then I go back to the drawing board for the changer install.
I'm keeping an eye out on ebay but I don't think these are likely to appear very often.

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As an aside, the owner manual also shows the larger 10 CD changer that is used in the saloon version, it looks to be a dead ringer for the Blaupunkt CDC-A08 (I've got an after market one):

User manual CDC-A08 saloon fit pic.jpg

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
As an aside, the owner manual also shows the larger 10 CD changer that is used in the saloon version, it looks to be a dead ringer for the Blaupunkt CDC-A08 (I've got an after market one):

View attachment 123851
The one I have (no longer in the car) is a CDC-A03, but it was screwed into the boot floor rather than embedded in anything.

You know ePer is online? I had a look and found a few items under trim and under audio, but it was too complicated without knowing the SW and exactly what you want.

http://eper.fiatforum.com/ - Internet Explorer only.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Here's how you do detective work in ePer, largely for my own amusement. You find the area of interest, in this case trim (interior fittings) because it's not directly audio related.

You traverse the system selecting the right car until you get to a page with diagrams, and you select the right diagram (as attached)

You find the part in the diagram, in this case presumably #1 in the diagram since it's opposite the one labelled that. In the table of parts you look for things with that code, and unfortunately this time there's lots of them.

1 156034380 REINFORCEMENT DS C10064 01 060
1 156034381 REINFORCEMENT SN C10064 01 060
1 156034383 REINFORCEMENT SN 563 C10064 01 060
1 156057223 REINFORCEMENT DS D10064 01 060
1 156057224 REINFORCEMENT SN D10064 01 060
1 156057226 REINFORCEMENT SN 563 D10064 01 060
1 156034381 REINFORCEMENT SN 762 D10064 01 060
1 156034383 REINFORCEMENT SN 563+762 D10064 01 060

SN and DS are probably left/right (sinistra/destra). 563 and 762 are option codes, which you can look up in the search; this time they mean 'CD changer' and 'luggage net' respectively.

10064 is a modification, which again you can look up. Translated from Italian it's supposedly 'LAMP POST REMOVED FROM SHELF. RIGHT PAST AND POWER ON OPT 762'. I don't know what that means. The C and D in front of it mean before/after the modification, in that order.

Anyway, if I were you I would be looking for the left side (SN) and 563. This narrows it down to:

1 156034383 REINFORCEMENT SN 563 C10064 01 060

Note that two of those are the same part number. You need to know whether you have a luggage net, and if not, whether you want pre/post-modification. Then you have the part number.

These cost about £32 in 2004.

You also need to go looking at both that diagram for bits of trim specific to the CD player (parts 8 and 9) and separately, the car audio section - 55521/01, diagram #4 - to see whether you need brackets or whatever other gubbins. The Bosch CD player part is 735273184, which at least seems to be the one you think it is. You can do all that last bit yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not available seperately?

You're a star trashbat! :thumbs::)
Thank you very much for the time spent finding this info.

<EDIT: IMG code is set to 'off', so can't do custom beer smileys>
<EDIT: can't even use acsii as forum engine removes all the spaces...I give in>
One very shaky ascii beer of thanks coming your way.

_.---._
|====|
( )
| !! |
| !! |
| |
`==='

I see - The Blaupunkt CDC-A03 must be the model in the owners manual pic then, which was fitted in the boot of the saloon.

I didn't realise ePer was available online, i'll bookmark that.
I have never been able to use ePer to the level you are showing, I've always found it very hit and miss trying to find something useful.

The mod "LAMP POST REMOVED FROM SHELF. RIGHT PAST AND POWER ON OPT 762" - I recently saw the entire right side sportwagon boot trim on eBay (with the smaller of the 2 oddment compartments) and it had an oval light fitted in it, which mine doesn't have - so I guess this was removed as a mod for some reason.

That would bring it down to (luggage net included or not, dunno):

Ahah - I've re-read your comments and I think perhaps the part numbers you've listed would be for buying the entire right hand side trim?
#1 appears to the entire right hand side of the boot trim (the oval light I mentioned is shown on this side, there is an arrow pointing at it).

Looking at the diagram you've attached - 'SGR 55521' (in faint grey, bottom left of diagram) looks like it likely to be the part I'm after. It's a fitting that goes in the small doored storage bin fitted into the left hand boot trim to give a fascia mount (like a head unit hole) for the head unit sized CD changer. The boot trim itself appears to be one huge piece of plastic trim when I looked at removing it.

The left hand side boot trim is where the CD changer would be fitted as this (doored) pocket is much deeper than the shallow one on the right hand side.

In the pics below you can see the 12V cig lighter power port to the left of the storage compartment, showing it to be the LHS side (looking in from rear), as well as placement or boot roof and other trim.
The trim part I need is coloured green.
The back of the interior of the storage compartment in the smaller red circle in the 2nd picture.
What appears to be the part I'm after is the trim in the larger red circle in the 2nd pic.
The 3rd pic shows what the oddment bin looks like at the moment.

Sportwagon oddment CD changer picture CROPPED.jpg

156swpart.jpg

oddment_bin.jpg

I've tried searching on 'SGR 55521' but that didn't get me anywhere.
Tried "Search by family part" - got 9 long pages of results, with very short description fields. Lots of "lining"s and "coverings" but nothing mentioning "CD" or "Changer".
Then tried looking for the diagram you've shown, found it here:
FIAT ePER

'SGR 55521' is the only part shown that doesn't have a part code.
Guess thats a dead end to buy separately.
It is perhaps only available as part of a larger kit including the CD changer and cables.
Thanks for trying.
I'll phone Alfa anyway in case they know some way to find availability and a price for the part by itself.

Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
My understanding is that while #1 in the diagram only points to the right hand side piece, the content in the table is for both the left and right hand pieces (which you can see opposite). I'm fairly sure, because this is what SN and DS are about. I assume the piece you want is always on the left regardless of market/driver side.

However I don't think it decomposes any further than that piece, so you have to buy the whole thing.

SGR 55521 is just a reference to the diagrams in the 55521 section of ePer (see the last bit of my previous post), where you will find separate audio-related parts.

I only worked all of this out yesterday.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Gotcha.

55521 car audio section, diagram 4 is here:
FIAT ePER

Diagram:
trim.jpg

Part 60693606 (#5 in diagram) is the bit I want.
It was £4.60 in 2004, so hopefully still available and for about a tenner :)

EDIT: Thinking about it that looks like its a holder bracket but cant see the front trim for the storage bin which i thought would be attached, doesn't look like it in the pic (which would also be the head unit cage holder, for the HU sized changer).
Also if the bracket is designed for a Clarion or Bosch CD changer, its unlikely to be the same size and shape as the Blaupunkt.
May have to fabricate something.
I'll check how much it is for now, for a fiver its worth a punt.

Thanks again trashbat!
Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Bosch = Blaupunkt, at least at the time! As I suggested earlier, it looks like you're correct in saying it's an IDC-A09.

I imagine the whole trim is different when the CD mounting is required, hence those 563 versions.

No probs, glad to help :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Google says "Bosch 735273184" is the Fiat number for Blaupunkt IDC-A09, so that matches up, ta.

And I see, the entire side trim prob needs to be different to add that front cover with HU cage fitting - what a pain in the proverbial.
For the cost I think some fabrication would be better for the front face trim.

Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings, for what it is worth, I have recently replaced the 6 CD changer in the left rear bin of my '03 sportwagon with Bose sytem and original Blaupunct HiCD head unit. The original Changer was branded Adzest but now Clarion CD Changer 6-Disc DC625 brand new ex EBAY - these are still fitted to some bikes in the US There is no special fitment required - the mounting screws come throught the bottom of the bin. Hope this helps
thanks db

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greetings, for what it is worth, I have recently replaced the 6 CD changer in the left rear bin of my '03 sportwagon with Bose sytem and original Blaupunct HiCD head unit. The original Changer was branded Adzest but now Clarion CD Changer 6-Disc DC625 brand new ex EBAY - these are still fitted to some bikes in the US There is no special fitment required - the mounting screws come throught the bottom of the bin. Hope this helps
thanks db
Thanks for the info m8.
Is the Clarion changer a head unit style (designed to be fitted into a HU cage) or is it a more normal shaped changer, fully enclosed with mounting brackets?
The Blaupunkt IDC-A09 fits into a HU cage and only has a 'dressed' front face.

Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oddment bin CD Changer 156Sportwagon

Greetings
Unit is fully enclosed as there is space within the oddment bin either side for the mount. See specs and picture at:
Clarion U.S.A. | DC625.
Also see attached - unit on left is C-Bus converter which is not included and use dependant on compatibility with your proposed head unit.

thanks db

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Greetings
Unit is fully enclosed as there is space within the oddment bin either side for the mount. See specs and picture at:
Clarion U.S.A. | DC625.
Also see attached - unit on left is C-Bus converter which is not included and use dependant on compatibility with your proposed head unit.
thanks db
Thanks db, that makes it much clearer.
Don't know if that changer would connect and talk to my Blaupunkt after market HU or not, if I could find one.
I took the plunge and bought an IDC-A09 HU sized changer from eBay, will arrive in a few days.
Not sure if the Alfa bracket in the diagram is for the IDC-A09 or not, but will take a chance if it helps fitting the thing :)
Cheers, Mark.

EDIT: The Clarion installation manual says it uses a C-bus interface, not the mini ISO connection.
Also the adapter (#4) must be the adapter you mention for converting C-bus to the Alfa/Blaupunkt standard protocols & mini-iso connector.
Looking at the diagram the changer shown with the bracket doesn't match the front face of the IDC-A09 and it shows a CD cassette which the IDC-A09 doesn't use, its a slot changer.
So the bracket must be a variation of mount for the Clarion.
Horlicks, back to the drawing board.
A standard DIN HU under-shelf type mounting bracket is too big to fit as well (too high).
Cheers, Mark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts