Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues with my drivers side headlight, I thought the bulb had blown as was driving last night and it went off, was going to wait till i got home and replace as there is a spare in the boot and was only 10 mins away. Went over a speed hump and ping it came back on again!?

I took off the plastic cover and the connector that goes on the bulb is goosed! :( The wires are very very loose, hence the intermiteent connection and the connector it's self is broken, the plastic over one of the legs so needs to be replaced.

Does anyone have a spare, am happy to cut the wires further back and solder in a new connector, it takes the 9005 type bulbs.

Dan

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
I have been having issues with my drivers side headlight, I thought the bulb had blown as was driving last night and it went off, was going to wait till i got home and replace as there is a spare in the boot and was only 10 mins away. Went over a speed hump and ping it came back on again!?

I took off the plastic cover and the connector that goes on the bulb is goosed! :( The wires are very very loose, hence the intermiteent connection and the connector it's self is broken, the plastic over one of the legs so needs to be replaced.

Does anyone have a spare, am happy to cut the wires further back and solder in a new connector, it takes the 9005 type bulbs.

Dan
I've got a 166 donor here. Takes the same bulbs, so I guess it'll be the same connector.
Take a picture of what you need to compare, and I'll cut one off for you...:thumbs:

Yours for the price of the postage...:)

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
I guess the orange one is the same as the one on that link you posted.. I can cut it off and send it to you, if its any help.. :thumbs:

connector.jpg

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Dan, i have one on a GTV that im stripping. ....but! it's from a 97 P1 loom if there's any variation between a P1 & P2 loom i can't confirm though?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess the orange one is the same as the one on that link you posted.. I can cut it off and send it to you, if its any help.. :thumbs:

View attachment 132097
:inlove: The orange one looks like the one I need! :) I will let you know in a few hours as I have another loom from another car stashed at home so just going to checck there is nothing I can use off of that before hand!

Thank you guys!! :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts