Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been staying in Willesden in NW London while I'm working away at the moment.

I am a great wildlife fan and were I'm staying has a lovely long garden. In London:wow:

They put out bird feeders to attract wildlife as if there is any:rolleyes:

Oh yes, there is! Squirrals, foxes, various birds including up to 30 PARROTS every evening:wow:

Wild parrots in London:wow::wow:

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Been staying in Willesden in NW London while I'm working away at the moment.

I am a great wildlife fan and were I'm staying has a lovely long garden. In London:wow:

They put out bird feeders to attract wildlife as if there is any:rolleyes:

Oh yes, there is! Squirrals, foxes, various birds including up to 30 PARROTS every evening:wow:

Wild parrots in London:wow::wow:
wow fella, some lovely looking birds ;)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Chutsey, get a grip FFS, its not different parrots, its the same ones coming back for food - get a DNA match if you don't believe me :lol:
People (stupid people) lose parrots every day in London, millions of them, soon there will be Pirhana in the Thames.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chutsey, get a grip FFS, its not different parrots, its the same ones coming back for food - get a DNA match if you don't believe me :lol:
People (stupid people) lose parrots every day in London, millions of them, soon there will be Pirhana in the Thames.
The rest were usually in trees to the left of the garden and as my camera isn't that good my pic's aren't worth posting. The most on the feeders I've seen is 18 but didn;t have my camera handy.
But, it surprised the hell out of me. No, parrots in any other town I've been or here at Home in Norwich.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
That is weird Chutsy fella :confused:

Should sell the story to the local press or give it away to them... make ya famous ;)
... plus someone then could explain it? Bird Santuary losing them or summat? :confused:

Anyway, I hope they take the feeders off when they want to use the washing line as it could get messy! :eek:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is weird Chutsy fella :confused:

Should sell the story to the local press or give it away to them... make ya famous ;)
... plus someone then could explain it? Bird Santuary losing them or summat? :confused:

Anyway, I hope they take the feeders off when they want to use the washing line as it could get messy! :eek:
Don't know how it started.:confused: But they are surviving and breeding.

There are at least ten with short tails meaning that they are very young.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
There's at least one wild parrot colony in surrey - we get loads in our garden here. I think they were originally escaped pets - but for the last 10-15 years or so that I know of there have been breeding colonies in the surrey area around Kingston/Guildford way.

North London ain't far away as the parrot flies so I suspect it's part of the same lot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3869815.stm

1 - 20 of 31 Posts