Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Been lurking in these forums for a while but haven't posted yet!
But I have a question regarding my 147.
I'm looking to install a Parrot RKI 8400, the headunit.
I've got a 2006 147 and have been told that I can only get a facia that takes up a double din space, with a "pocket" underneath it, is this true?

Another question I have is, do I need an ISO adapter when fitting my 8400?

I havent yet bought it, but will be doing so in the next few months and am wondering if anyone else has fitted this to their 147 and if it functions well or not.

Cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right chaps,
I'm getting my Parrot today, along with the Single DIN facia. I'm also getting the Mic fitted where I'm buying it from, as I don't think I competent enough to remove most the dash panels.
I'm getting it done in Sound Evolution in Harrow who are an authorised parrot dealer.
So I'll give you guys a quick write up after its all done, for those interested who are in a similar position to me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well chaps, it's installed and it looks pretty!

From the start then. The place I got it installed at in Harrow wasn't the best place ever I will say. They kept me waiting for an hour and twenty mins before I even got my car inside to start the work. Eventually it was done though and they seem to have done a fairly good job at installing it.

The unit itself sticks out alot more than I thought it would, however I don't think this is too much of an issue and I quite like the look of it. The sound quality is great, the radio is pretty much faultless and the audio from the iPhone is great. As for the Bluetooth call quality, its fairly good. I'm not going to say its perfect, as it's not, but its of a good enough quality to have a full blow conversation with.

The big jog wheel makes it easy to use and the menus are pretty straight forward. You can even choose a custom wallpaper that you can send across from a bluetooth enabled computer.
The faceplate comes off and enables you to stick your iPod/iPhone/USB stick/fingers inside whilst your playing it. I had to upgrade the firmware of the headunit when I got home as there was about 3 updates for the version I had and this was painless, just copying the file onto a flash drive, connecting it to the unit and selecting the appropriate menu.
There is however, one issue I have come across so far. It seems that if I turn the ignition, connect your iPhone to the unit and then replace the face, I couldn't get any sound of the unit. Quite odd. I then had to turn it on and off a few times for it to work.
However, if you do it the other way round, iPhone, face and then ignition, it works fine.

I've addressed this issue on the Parrot forums, so I'll see what comes of it.

If anyones got any questions, fire away. If not, have some pictures.

EDIT: You'll have to forgive the picture quality, was taken on my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thinking about getting one of these too.
Mine is a old JVC at the minute and I can't get it to stop thinking its loading a cd so interrupts the radio.

How much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Including the facia and fitting it was £270. Which I don't think is too bad.

That's quite a good price as I think the unit is between £180 and £250 on its own. I've got the kmi9200 in my 159 - sound quality is fantastic with iPod and USB - BT phone calls are pretty good too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after 2 weeks of it not working properly, It was randomly restarting and sometimes just wouldn't play anything, I took it back to where I got it, where I got it changed for a Pioneer DEH-8100BT.
About a week later, this decided it was going to completely stop working aswell, so now I have no radio until I go back there on Saturday.
I'm pretty pissed off about it all, as I've spent over £350 on getting a radio fitted so far, and haven't seen any of it work properly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well after 2 weeks of it not working properly, It was randomly restarting and sometimes just wouldn't play anything, I took it back to where I got it, where I got it changed for a Pioneer DEH-8100BT.
About a week later, this decided it was going to completely stop working aswell, so now I have no radio until I go back there on Saturday.
I'm pretty pissed off about it all, as I've spent over £350 on getting a radio fitted so far, and haven't seen any of it work properly.
Hey Scott!

Not sure if this will pop up when you log in again as you posted a few months back...

I live down in Cape Town (loved the WC by the way;) ) and I managed to lock my factory CD player so looking for a new head unit.

I really like the sound/look of the 8400 but sounds like you had a nightmare...

How'd it all pan out?

Thanks!
James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts