Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting excited about installing a Parrot MKi9200 in my 166, until it dawned on me that when playing music you are actually bypassing the ICS and only using the Parrot's built in amplifier.

To overcome this problem, I could use the Parrot's line-out connections instead of the connecting in at the speaker ISO connection.

This won't be straight forward either, since the ICS doesn't have any line-in connection per-se (options being to hijack the RCA connections to the CD changer, or open up the ICS and solder on to specific points of the tape deck PCB).

So my question is, what does the line-out connections on the MKi9200 (or similar models) look like? I would presume it's RCA connectors, correct? Although their wiring diagram looks like two pairs of connections. I've trawled photos of unboxed kits on eBay but I can't make out the detail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have fitted mki9100 in my 147. The line out from the parrot system is just a plain electrical wire with no connector in its end. I'm not using this setup though and let the parrot bypass the ICS, volume level was *hit when it was connected to the line input on my stereo. Was too tired the get into the bottom of this when I installed it.

Edit: I can post some pictures if you like. Let me know.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I read the installation manual in more detail, and even though it shows two pairs of wires connected in the diagram, it sounds as if you just use one or the other (depending on whether you are connecting to an aux line in, or telephone like in).

If it's just bare ended wires (rather than phono connections) that's not a problem, and kind of works out in my favour in a way.

The worst that can happen is that I can't get it to work out satisfactorily, and I'll end up punting it on eBay. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts