Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got around to fitting this in the 147 the other weekend. Very pleased with it. I didn't want to change the HU and this gives me what I'm after. The Bluetooth calling is very clear. I can play my Spotify through it or stream music on the phone through Bluetooth.

Here's a picture of it installed. (sorry can't get it to upload the correct way round).

I need to get a replacement screen. The Parrot logo was stuck on upside down.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got around to fitting this in the 147 the other weekend. Very pleased with it. I didn't want to change the HU and this gives me what I'm after. The Bluetooth calling is very clear. I can play my Spotify through it or stream music on the phone through Bluetooth.

Here's a picture of it installed. (sorry can't get it to upload the correct way round).

I need to get a replacement screen. The Parrot logo was stuck on upside down.
The job looks great!, I have the same Mini Parrot Asteroid unit, How easy was connecting it to the Radio existing wiring? Does it sound better that the original unit? Any advices? I found great the pleace you set the mini screen, congratulations!:thumbup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Azulencendido. Thank you. The installation is pretty easy. The Parrot comes with a wiring harness which plugs directly into the Alfa radio and then into the Alfa wiring harness. This in turn passes to the control unit which I located under the dashboard on the transmission tunnel. You do need to take a switched power supply. The standard Alfa wiring doesn't provide this. I took a supply from the cigarette lighter which was easy. The screen fits pretty nicely there and doesn't look out of place. I just had to drill a couple of holes. One in the centre console for the cable to pass through and another through the back of the glove box for the USB ports.

Sound quality is very good, and that's using Spotify which probably isn't the best quality anyway. You can adjust the EQ settings on the Parrot so you can get some decent bass out of it. I have the Bose system fitted which disables the Alfa radio EQ settings. Also I didn't need any additional parts to make it work with the Bose as is usually the case.

I did the install over a few evenings, but if I was to do it in one go, I'd say it'd take about three hours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Azulencendido. Thank you. The installation is pretty easy. The Parrot comes with a wiring harness which plugs directly into the Alfa radio and then into the Alfa wiring harness. This in turn passes to the control unit which I located under the dashboard on the transmission tunnel. You do need to take a switched power supply. The standard Alfa wiring doesn't provide this. I took a supply from the cigarette lighter which was easy. The screen fits pretty nicely there and doesn't look out of place. I just had to drill a couple of holes. One in the centre console for the cable to pass through and another through the back of the glove box for the USB ports.

Sound quality is very good, and that's using Spotify which probably isn't the best quality anyway. You can adjust the EQ settings on the Parrot so you can get some decent bass out of it. I have the Bose system fitted which disables the Alfa radio EQ settings. Also I didn't need any additional parts to make it work with the Bose as is usually the case.

I did the install over a few evenings, but if I was to do it in one go, I'd say it'd take about three hours.
Thanks a lot adf83! Since I have the Bose system in my car I send my Mini Parrot Asteroid direct to a box in the basement. I think it's time to go and look for it and re-take this project, due I need the bluetooth and a usb port.
Cheers!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi!
I got one of this and when I tried to plug into my 156 with bose I noticed that the sound coming from the parrot is too high. When I switch from radio to the asteroid (no music/sound playing) I can hear some noise, like if you put all the volume up... Not sure if I was clear enough.
Anyhow, do you experience something like this?
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts