Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parks Motor Group are "giving up" the Alfa franchise. I have been told this is because Alfa UK now has "high demands". As far as I'm aware this leaves Reg Vardy as the only Alfa dealer in Scotland.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Reg Vardy :eek:

Oh dear oh dear !! :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
No loss to me, as I gave up on them years ago! I found Reg Vardy better, but not good enough in the long run. As County Motors in Carlisle are still on probation with me, my next car might have to something other than Italian, which would be a shame.

It might not surprise you to know that the Grande Punto has some "teething problems", and that Arnold Clark have been useless!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Fraser said:
As far as I'm aware this leaves Reg Vardy as the only Alfa dealer in Scotland.
There used to be Donald Mackenzie in Inverness - not sure if they're keeping the franchise or not?

They must have plans to get new dealers on stream, because otherwise there are no dealers at all in the East of Scotland. :( 150 mile round trip to Glasgow is just about tolerable for me, but I can't see many people from (say) Dundee or Aberdeen traipsing through to Glasgow just for a look at the showroom.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Reg Vardy (or Evans Halshaw as they may now be known) in the North East have lost their Alfa Romeo and Fiat dealership statuses (or statii!). Apparantly they had a big falling out so wouldnt be surprised to see the Vardys in Scotland gone in the not too distant future! Not sure on the "dropping" possibly more like being "dropped".

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
That's because Vardys (no matter what brand they are selling) are sh1te !! :rant:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Stratstones (Evans Halshaw) in Leicester have lost their Alfa franchise. No loss if you ask anyone who's been there though :(

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
keep hearing of dealers getting canned by alfa, anyone heard of new dealers actually being appointed? or are they going to finish the cull before they bring any new ones on board? mangoletsi must be rubbing their hands together with glee now that virtually all their competition has been wiped out in the north west

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm sure Parks will just be using this as an excuse... that Alfa have "High Demands"... probably because they believe that they are about to lose the franchise anyway.

Anyway, it's one less dealer to have nightmares over. Parks really are THE worst in my opinion... i'm sick of them.

So basically, all we have left is Reg Vardy? A.K.A Arnold Clark... One dealer I hope I never have to deal with.

It's enough to put you off owning an alfa.

Rab

·
Registered
893 Posts
Arnold Clark have Alfa dealerships in Edinburgh, Kirkcaldy, Perth and Dundee on the East coast of Scotland.

I know a lot of people have problems with Arnold Clark but I have never found them anything but accommodating with my Alfas when either service or warranty work is required. Of course I watch my car being worked on when its in. Also have no problems getting test drives when I fancy them, but have been warned not to park my GTV out front as it encourages customers to compare (their words, not mine).

Have been to the Parks showroom at East Kilbride, it was much better when it was at Hamilton. But they don't even stock Selenia Racing oil so it shows how much they value Alfas, in fact last time I was in I couldn't even get a test drive of anything.

IMO, Alfa could do with having several stand alone dealerships instead of twinning them with Fiat dealers.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Arnold Clark have Alfa dealerships in Edinburgh, Kirkcaldy, Perth and Dundee on the East coast of Scotland.

I know a lot of people have problems with Arnold Clark but I have never found them anything but accommodating with my Alfas when either service or warranty work is required. Of course I watch my car being worked on when its in. Also have no problems getting test drives when I fancy them, but have been warned not to park my GTV out front as it encourages customers to compare (their words, not mine).

Have been to the Parks showroom at East Kilbride, it was much better when it was at Hamilton. But they don't even stock Selenia Racing oil so it shows how much they value Alfas, in fact last time I was in I couldn't even get a test drive of anything.

IMO, Alfa could do with having several stand alone dealerships instead of twinning them with Fiat dealers.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
EcosseOz said:
They have at the moment. But the last I heard officially was that they were 'in discussion' with Alfa about retaining the sales side. The last I heard unofficially was that they were expecting to be selling only pre-registered and used Alfas by March. :(

They say they'll continue to offer servicing, but it's not clear whether that will include warranty work - I think I read on here about one dealership in England who stopped doing warranty work at the same time as the lost the sales franchise.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Nasty feeling of Day-Jar-VOUS.
Wasn't there once a marque/brand called Lancia in the UK.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
jamieboy said:
- I think I read on here about one dealership in England who stopped doing warranty work at the same time as the lost the sales franchise.
Thats right, the Reg Vardy in Darlington will no longer do warranty work. They will do servicing though, but...they are all fairly miffed with Alfa so a group of disgruntled "fitters" at Reg Vardy are not a group of people I want any where near my car, they appeared not to give a flying F when they were, well, gruntled!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Super - Parks have the parts on order for my 159!

I have found them certainly more accomadating than Reg Vardy.

Too demanding my arse anyway - Parks have just bought Henry Brothers which is one of the biggest BMW dealers in the UK!

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There were no Alfas in Parks showroom at all yesterday, so I suspected anyway. Shame really, coz they're really handy for me and their service had been pretty good in the last year or so.

Ho hum - I'm in the process of thinking about a 159SW in the next 3/4 months - really not sure what all this will mean.

Incidentally CJ - they've order parts to repair my windscreen wipers (new actuator) so I don't think ther will be any problem with the bits for your 159 in the meantime.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Other than the fact that I have waited 10 weeks for them already!

I cant believe their excuse - they have every franchise from Suzuki to Bentley!

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I don't think it's the end of the world when rubbish dealers get discontinued.

The dealer network has been improving.. it needs to improve all the time.. and it's just a matter of time before the weakest/poorest are laid to rest.

I think the brand will be better for it. I think we'll see some combined Alfa/Lancia dealers appearing soon, as the Alfa/Fiat twin dealerships seem to suffer from a bit of badge snobbery.

Ralf S.

P

·
0 Posts
Well, well, well. No wonder it's taken three months to get my Welcome Pack from Parks. They obviously had a lot more on their minds!

After everything I've gone through with them since buying my 147 I wouldn't have ever gone back to them again and I've told Alfa UK as much. I won't even pop in to get my service book stamped (being as they forgot to do it when the car was PDI'd).

Good riddance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just picked up the GT at Arnold in Aberdeen after it was in to get a few bits sorted (post to follow). They said that Arnold may still keep 1 Alfa Dealership in Scotland... No location confirmed to date....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts