Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I might be a bit @[email protected] about this, but I HATE :evil: people who carelessly open their doors into your car in car parks. Careless, or wantonly evil, its all the same, they are disrespectful scum.

So, when I go out, I often park far from the shop. You know, far, far, away - like at the beginning of Star Wars. Carefully trying to find an area where you can get a space with a bit more room, or where there are no other cars so the risk from the aforementioned dregs of humanity slamming the doors of their banal bland-wagons into my much cherished (even my daily drive Punto) car is diminished.

Why then when I park in the abandoned wastelands of the retail park, with acres of countless free spaces all around me, does the one other bugger who comes to that area park right next to me?!?! :furious::furious::furious:

I should have taken a photo, but I was too incredulous and busy checking my panels for any marks :irked:

AND just to make it worse, the sheep who cannot park alone and HAVE to park next to you ALWAYS drive a complete pile of :censored:

There. Feel better now.

·
Registered
15,852 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me in Lancaster a few weeks ago. The only difference was that I was sat in the car when the ****ing dozy ****s got out and rattled their doors against mine. Then left the doors open resting against mine whilst they went and got something out of the boot. Words were exchanged, not all of them polite.

·
Registered
38,707 Posts
Annoys me as well, I had it happen the other day at a service station.

Not sure they actually banged my door, but why park next to me when i am so far away from the rest?

Another thing that annoys me is those super narrow parking places you sometimes get, especially as shopping centres and supermarkets. If everyone parks within the middle of a bay there is about a 1 foot gap between each car. :furious:

·
Registered
11,916 Posts
Baffling and annoying phenomenon. :yes:
Just happened to me; parked miles from shop, no other cars near. Returned to car to find girt big filthy transit parked six inches from my driver's door - still no other cars around!!??? Massive twaaat!! :rant:

·
Registered
800 Posts
When my 156 was new to me (approx 3 yrs old at the time) i did my best to keep it spotless even buying a old volvo t5 to smoke around in doing the tip runs,shopping,dog trips etc and managed to keep my 156 spotless just using it for enjoyable driving..

The first time i took it shopping (volvo laid up in garage) some **** left a shopping trolley up against the door and a small dent breaking the paint...wtf is wrong with people.Now ive picked up a few scratches here and their im not so bothered but i was livid at the time..

Rubber paint is the answer here ;)

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Annoys me as well, I had it happen the other day at a service station.

Not sure they actually banged my door, but why park next to me when i am so far away from the rest?

Another thing that annoys me is those super narrow parking places you sometimes get, especially as shopping centres and supermarkets. If everyone parks within the middle of a bay there is about a 1 foot gap between each car. :furious:
It's a good reason to have a young child. Unfortunately mine has been big enough for quite a while so that I can't in all conscience park in the parents and children section to get a bit of extra door room. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm infirm.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
The exact same thing happened to me in Lancaster a few weeks ago. The only difference was that I was sat in the car when the ****ing dozy ****s got out and rattled their doors against mine. Then left the doors open resting against mine whilst they went and got something out of the boot. Words were exchanged, not all of them polite.
How's the Jaaaaag's boot working out for space and awkwardly shaped loads?

·
Registered
15,852 Posts
In answer to the question, it's working out brilliantly because anything large, awkwardly shaped, dirty, smelly or resembling a border collie goes in the CRV.

·
Registered
998 Posts
This is part of the reason why i enjoy taking the old Leon to do the shopping run

Same at work, leave the car out the way and come back hours later to find a great massive Sprinter taking every inch and more of its space next to me, boils my blood why many have no respect whatsoever for other peoples P & J

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
When I had my old battered Series 111 Landrover I would deliberately seek out cars carefully parked away from others in car parks and park right next to them.

There was never any danger of doors (either mine or theirs) bumping even if fully opened but I liked to imagine the apoplexy of the owners as they approached from a distance and saw what looked a pile of junk parked cheek by jowl to their precious.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I had my old battered Series 111 Landrover I would deliberately seek out cars carefully parked away from others in car parks and park right next to them.

There was never any danger of doors (either mine or theirs) bumping even if fully opened but I liked to imagine the apoplexy of the owners as they approached from a distance and saw what looked a pile of junk parked cheek by jowl to their precious.
You Sir, have a sick sense of humour!!!

Sadly I do not think the usual offenders are employing intelligent, and respectful, irony when they do it.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
This baffles me as well.

I deliberately park far away from anything whenever I can, but countless times I get back to the car with someone parked right next to my car with ten or twenty other open spaces next to me.

A few days ago I parked far away from any other cars or the entrance to the building and while I was still in my car two other cars came and parked on either side of me virtually simultaneously. It was so shortly after I parked that they must have seen me in the act of parking there. I shot each of the drivers a dirty look, started my engine again, revved it angrily, reversed out of the spot and parked four spots over. I saw the one driver shaking his head, baffled.

We share this world with idiots, people, beware! :depressed:

Another time I parked in an underground parking garage and deliberately chose a spot between two pillars so nobody could park very close to me. Got back to my car to see a 159 was parked in the next spot, but my joy was short-lived when I saw that it was diagonally reversed into the spot, and the person who had opened the rear door of the 159 had left a nice little dent in my car :furious: It took a LOT of willpower not to go around kicking dents into every panel on that 159! :censored:

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
There is fix or two for this.
  1. Park the car with all the others. You can guarantee you will get it whacked and as such not be surprised :D
  2. Leave the good car at home.

Good rantage and a well established phenomena.
Or 3, see below. :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
3. Lease car. Job jobbed.

Private lease or company lease..??

My mate got hit for a 2 grand touch up respray before he returned his private leased merc c class,to be fair it was a state and if the lease company had billed him im sure they would of charged him a lot more..:paranoid::paranoid:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
There is fix or two for this.
  1. Park the car with all the others. You can guarantee you will get it whacked and as such not be surprised :D
  2. Leave the good car at home.

Good rantage and a well established phenomena.
Or 3, see below. :)

Nope, I think fix 4 is the ultimate solution:

4. Get two autonomous cars to follow you around and program them to park in the spaces to either side of your car.

The only remaining problem of note with that solution is to make sure some inconsiderate fool doesn't decide to drag his shopping trolley or pram or wide behind through the space between the car and the robotic entourage cars, leaving nice long streaks down the sides.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Private lease or company lease..??

My mate got hit for a 2 grand touch up respray before he returned his private leased merc c class,to be fair it was a state and if the lease company had billed him im sure they would of charged him a lot more..:paranoid::paranoid:
Mines a company lease. So even better.

But it has opened my eyes to the leasecar world.

It's not I don't care any more about damage, It's that I only stress about it for a couple of minutes per incident.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts