Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I don't use the spaces because they're close to the store just because they're bigger. Went out on Friday and no child parking so left my baby as far away from everyone as possible, in a very empty car park. Just as I switch off the ignition some old bird in her Peoguet pulls up right next to me! why????? there were rows of spaces available! :confused:
lmao, that's funny... I wouldn't bother trying to park it "isolated" as that could just have the opposite effect. But try leave it among some nice cars so the owners wouldn't want to scratch their own cars either..

S

·
0 Posts
Does that mean I can park in those spaces when I take my mum to do the weekly shop??

·
Registered
803 Posts
My local supermarket has an underground carpark with some single spaces (due to the support pillars) which are brilliant as they are wider than the disabled spaces so I can open my door fully without coming any where near the next car.

GK

·
Registered
435 Posts
I never use the family spaces in my local supermarkets.
What really drives me nuts is the shed loads of disabled parking spaces!!!
I mean one Tesco near my bit had over 30 disabled spaces all nearest to entrance of the store!!! Is this really necessary!?! Do we really expect over 30 disabled drivers/passengers to all arrive at the same time to shop?!
It infuriates me!!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Tis true, spaces in America are huge and angled to make them easier.
The M&S near Warrington has an American style drive in back out angled space system, it amazes me how many times I see people fail at using it even with about 100 signs!! but the spaces are still not the size they would be in thr states

·
Registered
136 Posts
I mean one Tesco near my bit had over 30 disabled spaces all nearest to entrance of the store!!! Is this really necessary!?! Do we really expect over 30 disabled drivers/passengers to all arrive at the same time to shop?!
It infuriates me!!!
Reminds me of a newspaper cartoon I saw a few years ago. An alien spaceship is on the way to Earth and the aliens all look exactly like the disabled symbol - you know, the stick-figure-in-a-wheelchair. One of them is saying to another: "Not only are the earthlings expecting us, they've reserved us all the best parking places."

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It infuriates me!!!
Yes there do seem to be quite a few of those, but then you'd be amazed at what is classed as "disabled" these days.

That's a whole new thread!!! :lol:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yes there do seem to be quite a few of those, but then you'd be amazed at what is classed as "disabled" these days.

That's a whole new thread!!! :lol:
Exactly! Apparantly (so ive been told) if you are mentally impaired. i.e. downs syndrom or suffering any other form of mental retardation. That is not classified as disabled.
Only people who have physical impairments are liable to hold a disabled parking badge.:wow:

Someone please enlighten me!! I hope this is not true!

·
Registered
68 Posts
i've started to worry about my school car park. where there is hardly any space between cars, strangely i didn't care that much before.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
i've started to worry about my school car park. where there is hardly any space between cars, strangely i didn't care that much before.
I second that feeling! I'm hoping to have enough time to drive home from work and then walk to the school!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It infuriates me!!!

What I'm about to type is only relevant due to the "disability" part.......

On my way home this arvo I saw a car coming from the other direction flashing his lights and waving at me. I thought nice he's letting me know there's a police radar set up round the corner...I'll slow down.....NOPE! I couldn't believe what I saw.....a lady in her wheelchair on the road!!!! :wow: even though there was a path she could have used!!!!!!

in case you're wondering I did avoid her!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts