Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a mummy has lots of bonuses but since having my MiTo my favorite so far.....

Child parking spots at the supermarket and other large stores :)

I had to go to B&Q the other day to pick up some foam to run up the sides of my garage walls (got to protect the MiTo!) on arrival the car park was really busy....hmm? do I leave?....risk parking next to some numpty who may open there car door and hit my baby?.....nope I see a bloke (alone) parking his BMW convertable in a "Mother & Child" parking spot! Bingo! I hit my window button and shout out :rant: excuse me where exactly is your child??? result! he moved and I got a nice big ol' space for my baby! :D

Now I just need my child to stop growing so I can always park in these spots!!!! :lol:

Oh and just so you know, I only park in said spots when my child is with me! Hate it when people take the **** and park there even when the kids aren't on board! :tut:

Don't expect many replies on this thread but wanted to write my bit :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
hum in the old days when I was a kid there were not such spaces and I do often wonder why they are sooooo wide yet all the other spaces seems to be smaller than ever!!

No I don't have kids and me and my other half don't want any before anyone asks

Sorry to sound negative about them but as a non child person I often feel we get clobbered I mean 52% of my council tax to pay for school :confused:

Oppps sorry I am off on one and off the topic :rolleyes:

Mind I do understand wanting to keep the real baby (The MiTo) in good nick :thumbs:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would tell you why the spaces are bigger but don't think you really wanna know :)

taxes...I can understand your frustration

Me I'm a very happy mummy to both human baby and MiTo baby :lol:

each to there own :) happy driving :thumbs:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Parent and child spaces are good it means the rest of us can park in relative safety in 'normal' spaces safer in the knowledge that there isnt some little **** going to slam mummys door into my pristine paintwork.

No parent and child spaces can stay and I can continue to park far away from them on the other side of the supermarket.

GK

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like I opened up a huge can of worms on this one!!! :lol:

My personal experiences so far have never been kids doing the damage, it's the drivers of other vehicles, parking over the lines etc.

But hey-ho, looks like we're all happy in our own sections :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
to be fair, alot of adults are guilty as well but I did see a overly keen 6yo wrench open the back door of a Chelsea tractor and smack it straight into a lovely 911 turbo, must have left a proper dent not just a scratch.

GK

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I really wish all parking spaces were like 'mother and child' spaces. Completely impractical, though.

I must say I'm always nervous leaving the car and coming back to potentially find a 'ding' in the door. It just completely ruins the crisp line of any car, really. Being as the MITO has no plastic strips running down the doors I can imagine a ding would look terrible. All for the sake of IGNORANT PEOPLE taking a little more care. Honestly, if I saw someone had done that to my car I'd be like Superman when Lois dies in Superman: The Movie (but without the flying and turning back time bit...although that would be nice).

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've got no kids but parent with child spaces make sense to me. Best to keep the little ones as close to the store as possible . If I'm driving our old Fiesta then I park in with the masses. When the MiTo arrives I think I'll be parking in the most remote spot I can find :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it was the shame! :lol: the car park was so busy that when I called out everyone turned around. If I was in my old fiesta I wouldn't have bothered, my poor little black car was covered in white "dings" all the way up both sides!!! :(

Understand why you park there Janitor and if you can sneak in why not :) just be careful you don't get fined.

I don't use the spaces because they're close to the store just because they're bigger. Went out on Friday and no child parking so left my baby as far away from everyone as possible, in a very empty car park. Just as I switch off the ignition some old bird in her Peoguet pulls up right next to me! why????? there were rows of spaces available! :confused:

Oh if spaces were just a little bit bigger there would be a lot less problems :)

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
I really wish all parking spaces were like 'mother and child' spaces. Completely impractical, though.
My girlf says thats what its like in America, even if they have a huge jeep thing parked in a space there's about a meter ofspace to a side in the car park where she works.

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Tis true, spaces in America are huge and angled to make them easier.
My local Tesco has managed to come up with a really curvey car park which means the parking spaces are mostly trapezoidal giving shedloads of extra space. Pretty impressed really, although I've never seen it full of cars it's a waste of land to be honest.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I often get funny looks from "mummys" when i pull up in the GTA and park in the mother and baby spaces at the local tesco.

I often hear comments as i walk towards the door,then i get one of those trolleys with a cage on top to put a car seat on, return to the car and collect my little baby from the car and smile at them as they turn red and look away :)

S

·
0 Posts
I often get funny looks from "mummys" when i pull up in the GTA and park in the mother and baby spaces at the local tesco.

I often hear comments as i walk towards the door,then i get one of those trolleys with a cage on top to put a car seat on, return to the car and collect my little baby from the car and smile at them as they turn red and look away :)
Thats a good-un fella :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts