Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
The sensors on my 159 are on a constant beep as soon as I engage reverse even if there is nothing behind, after reading a few threads I have put my ear to the sensors while reverse is engaged to see if a sensor is dead, but all are making a steady buzzing noise.
Any ideas as if its the sensors that need replacing or will it be the ecu box?

·
Registered
29 Posts
it could be the sensors or the wiring. they are quite fragile, if you hit them they might be broken

take the car to a dealership, they can diagnose the individual signals with the Examiner (I had the same problem but there was nothing I could do with my DIY equipment)

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
does constant beep initiate parking alarm failure code on the dash or not ???...
If not, I would clean main parking socket under rear bumper.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No warning messages on the dash, everything behind the bumper seems to be intact, ive ordered 4 new sensors hopefully should solve it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Anyway sensors never die all 4 together.
Plug MES ( MultiEcuScan ). It should direct what to do.
Mine did, after a few months of erratic behaviour.

But I would, and did, try a couple of new ones first just to be sure they were at fault and the cheap ones I had bought actually worked.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parkings sensors are now working again, turns out it was the 2 offside sensors that had failed, both still made the clicking noise but clearly had failed, replaced all 4 just to be sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts