Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
If the sensors were "hidden" type..they do suffer from rogue readings. I think they work on electromagnetic principle, which can get affected by other environmental disturbances.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
rain or no rain

The company won't refund any postage and insurance unless you for them to agree it before hand. They should return the cost of the original product if they agree its a fault. Thing is that all sensors have a rider about not detecting properly in rainy, wet, cold, hit conditions. It's standard back covering. They may just point at the rider and say tough.
A set of drill the bumper sensors from Euro Car Parts is about £20. Locally colour matched is maybe another £30
hi andy .
rain , yes false readings even though the fitting instructions say that they have eliminated this problem , in the dry , false readings .If i had to rely on these i would have pranged the car on the first test.
All i can say then is do not buy this product as it does not work & i will put it down to experience.
I did repair a bit of rust damage on takeing the bumpers off! so i am glad about that.:(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
disturbed

If the sensors were "hidden" type..they do suffer from rogue readings. I think they work on electromagnetic principle, which can get affected by other environmental disturbances.[/QUOTE

hi sak.
your right i think on what you say !, im disturbed now after £160 loss.:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
hi andy .
rain , yes false readings even though the fitting instructions say that they have eliminated this problem , in the dry , false readings .If i had to rely on these i would have pranged the car on the first test.
All i can say then is do not buy this product as it does not work & i will put it down to experience.
I did repair a bit of rust damage on takeing the bumpers off! so i am glad about that.:(
I have the euro car parts sensors and they work perfectly wet or dry.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts