Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Administrator
Unfortunately it's almost impossible to mind our cars from damaged caused by others :rolleyes:

...and this is the reason why I do ...
And doing so could also also increase the chances of getting your car damaged, not everyone thinks it's acceptable to use more than 1 parking space & they might like to send a message ;)

Premium Member
I returned to my 16 year old Honda last night to find a Jag had parked tight against my drivers side.

It was only with much sucking of gut and repeated heavy banging of my door into his that enabled my access.

I imagine that the driver will wish to consider themselves a victim.

Registered
A few months ago, I had cause to take my iPad to the Apple store at St Davids shopping centre in Cardiff. There is a large multi-storey car park which serves the centre. I took my Land Cruiser 200, which is a working farm vehicle. It is large, black and for once, quite shiny, as it had just been given a rare wash!

I am appalled at the general lack of care and consideration by other folks when it comes to car parking etc, so I tend to park well away from other vehicles. The Land Cruiser is a lump, with large, high-up doors. If a car parks too close, I just can鈥檛 open them.

Anyway.....store visited, iPad fixed, I returned to my truck.....still parked in relative isolation, off in a lonely corner of the multi-storey.

Only to find some knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, bottom feeder has decided to 鈥漦ey鈥 down the full length - on BOTH sides - of my truck. Not just one line, but multiple lines. My opinion of the human race at large fell to an all-time low.

I can only assume my vehicle was targeted because I obviously took the time to park away from other cars and potential damage. I dared to care about my possessions and someone wanted to put me straight on that.

It affected me quite profoundly at the time - that we live in a society so bereft of compassion, consideration and concern for our fellow beings.

Registered
Did you look up the operator of the car park to see whether they had the culprit on CCTV?
It's likely to just be some skank yoof. Easy to beat to a pulp... take him to some isolated field and bury him inside a cardboard box, with the others... :D

Ralf S.

Registered
Rarely, for me, I was so incensed I did call the carpark operators - regarding CCTV. I was told I鈥檇 have to go to the police and report the crime (hours wasted and a forest-worth of bureaucracy). The police could then request the CCTV footage etc etc. I鈥檓 guessing the police are inundated with such 鈥減etty鈥 crime......

I do like your 鈥済reen field thinking鈥......my farm has no neighbours for nearly a mile ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I was actually sat in the car when the mature lady swung her door open. She did apologise but I didn鈥檛 when I said I鈥檓 taking photographs and going through her (mobility) insurance to repair the damage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts