Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Still learning about my 2.0 TS Sportwagon (January 2001 on an X plate) - so a question to the forum. I don't seem to have any parking lights - I have side lights on the stalk but the push in button on the ign switch does not allow the key to be turned past 'off' to the 'park' position. Also the key fob (I've got two black remote keys) tends to be in the way of the button as well making it quite tricky to get a finger on the button. :wow:
Any ideas? Is there another way of putting the parking lights on with the key out:confused: (my handbook is for an earlier SW)?

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
With the key in, push the button next to the key and turn the key BACKWARDS to the "Park" position.
That will turn the sidelights on and you can remove the key in that position.

(same as all 156 and all Alfa/Fiat etc since I can remember!)

There is no other way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply - thats what I thought but I can't turn the key 'backwards' any further than the off position. Further investigation required I think :confused:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
There's a button by your thumb on the ignition barrel. Not that I've ever used it since my fiat uno nearly twenty years ago!

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Also, of the key's in the way, put it in the other way round. I always put it in with the "flat" bit towards me. I always find it weird that whenever I go to the garage, they always put it in the other way round.

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
Never tried with the later black key, but with my red keys I've found it easier to press the button with the key upside-down from the usual way I use it.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Works on both my Spider and GT. Be positive with it, sometimes it takes me a couple of attempts on the GT.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got bored, tried it again this evening and by angling the key body up by pushing in the chrome button I could get a finger on the button and exert enough pressure on the key to get the parking lights on - Hurrah!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts