Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what happened to me today when i parked at the far end of the supermarket carpark miles from anyone! I even sat in the car whilst the wife went in on guard duty. I couldn't believe my luck. The driver of one of the vans used my car as a stop when he jumped out and when he saw I was sat there he looked mortified. I got out expecting a confrontation but he was very sorry and no damage was done.

It just goes to show no matter how careful you try and be, car parks are dangerous places for 166's:lol: Yes I can see the funny side now!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Inconsiderate basturds! I dont care how sorry he was, you should have p!55ed up his door handle!

A rose amongst thorns, nice car:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I always recommend parking next to the most expensive cars in the car park - the owners of Bentleys etc. don't tend to open their doors into you ;)

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
After looking at your pictures MLC .I reckon you squeezed in between the 2 white vans when they were having their break.:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Try this it almost never fails

At a car park where all the sheep are parked together....park you car well away from the group and other vehicles....Leave or walk away and observe.....In a short space of time they....the sheep or shoaling fish will park next to yours ....Just because they think you have parked there for a good reason which thay are completely incapabable of reasoning and thus park adjacent to you.:rant: :rant: :rant:

Pomeo

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
That does my head in Pomeo! Grrrr:mad:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
ok try this one ..

only when empty ish carpark - park across 2 spaces and watch what happens...

they park next to you - but themselves across 2 spaces...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maybe something like this would help us not to worry so much!
I wanted to know how would my car look with mounts on side doors so i can protect it from bumps!
It would look better if it was the same color like the car and not black - but never the less it can give us at least some clue how would it look.
Plenty of other cars have it...:thumbs:

What do you think?
If anyone has time he can try and "draw" it even better - maybe a little higher - in the same line where the side indicator light is...
I believe it would look even nicer!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Look what happened to me today when i parked at the far end of the supermarket carpark miles from anyone! I even sat in the car whilst the wife went in on guard duty. I couldn't believe my luck. The driver of one of the vans used my car as a stop when he jumped out and when he saw I was sat there he looked mortified. I got out expecting a confrontation but he was very sorry and no damage was done.

It just goes to show no matter how careful you try and be, car parks are dangerous places for 166's:lol: Yes I can see the funny side now!
IT's a 166 butty.....:lol: better than a bacon butty...:confused: ..naaah

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Not pretty, or aesthetic, but get those rubbing strakes, body protectors fitted. Saves getting Chips Away out, and the old pocket?:):

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Aye Zulu but all door had different projections but all shopping trolleys are around the same.....Do what they do for tieing up ships....Get yer old tyres of the fitter and dangle them along the sides ,back and front and be a recyling trend setter.

Reminds me of my short time in the RNR as an able bodied seaman...well I was then and the minesweeper was coming into granton harbour....I had the ali baba basket over the side to prevent the ship striking the pier....I saw where it was going to hit first and moved to prevent it ....the tube of a lieutenant saw me moving and Orderered me back Aft...I shouted "BUT"and pointed as he wouldn't let me say anything more as his curt reply was ..."Obey your orders" well I did and the ship struck the pier.......He got gutted and he made my life hell..well he tried to.

Pomeo

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
If you have side protection even if those careless baskets do clobber your motor, at least you have a break line to re-finish up to, rather than a whole panel?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
:cheese: Pricless.

Some how I'm surpirsed with you on the boat it went anywhere I thought they would just spend the time laughing!
Oh the memories Stu.

On the fotrnight manoevres in the North sea I was put in charge of the pyro box and all the ammunition and explosives...Why...Coz I was the only 1 with a higher physics and higher chemisrty.

New it wasn't for me when tied up in Antwerp harbour while all the others were on shore leave window shopping I was on guard duty on board with asack of spuds a pail of water and a tattie peeler....that was the LAST TIME i WAS THERE. I just thought F that for a game of soldiers.

Join the Navy and see the world just never worked for me.

Pomeo

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Wasn't it a game of sailors?

My grand father was in the navy during the war. He was on a Destroyer in the Mediterranean. He Told me this story of when the U-boats had developed the tactic of surfacing too close for the ships guns to fire. Evidently the admiralty (HQ!) put out a message asking for anybody with Ideas of how to defeat this problem to get in touch.

Well my grandfather radioed in the following idea. The destroyers could weave in between the covny dispersing blue/green paint on the water surface. So when the periscope went up and got covered by the paint the captain would think the where too low in the water and order "Up ten FEET" or meters if they were metric at that time. and still think that they where under the water so order "UP TEN FEET" again. Until the submarine could be shot down with anti aircraft guns!

Evidently the tactic was never used.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
avoid anything with child seats in, if its not the kids its mum's fat ar5e bashing the door

+1 ... :thumbs: ... :tut: you can't say that ;)

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
avoid anything with child seats in, if its not the kids its mum's fat ar5e bashing the door
:cheese: :cheese:
Esp on our narrow main st which is very narrow they park on the zig zags picking the weans up from the nursery with an empty pavement and their posteriors as described above sticking out further than the open doors in the middle of the road creating an unofficial miniroundabout and they are blissfully unaware of any wrong doing and the artics struggling to squeeze by.....Teach the children well use the pavement you ass wholes and keep our roads safe.Bring back the tufty club for the kids and the birch for their maws.

Shugar I can see BIGFOOTY sending this to the rant room soon.

Pomeo

1 - 20 of 24 Posts