Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I will be coming down to Plymouth from Glasgow on the 25 March - 4th April

I was thinking of driving my on little Mille Miglia.

The only problem is what do I do with the car once it is there. the guest house I will be staying in is a pay and display area and £2 a day will mount up.

I will be doing quite an intensive course so I will not really need the car much while I'm down there but if its out of site I would like to know that it is safe!

Is there such a place I could leave my car?

Sorry but I know nothing of Plymouth.

Cheers Stuart

J

·
0 Posts
You sure that is £2 a day? that is very cheap for Plymouth. Where is the guest house?

Jase

J

·
0 Posts
There wont be anything else around that area. You will be right in plymouth itself. If you can get permit parking for £2 per day i would go with it personally

Good luck, jase

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
the difference is driving there in style, in your own time, at your own pace with your own music....

or on a cramped train that will probably be late listening to someones ipod in the background and being uncomfortable for the whole jurney

i know whick i would choose, if you can afford the petrol cost and parking then take the car :D

J

·
0 Posts
the £2 would be cheaper than a NCP....and safer.....

if it is a dedicated car park that is owned by the hotel then i would go for it

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Agreed, £2 per day is cheap for Plymouth. But it's up to you to balance the costs between driving down or getting the train.

J

·
0 Posts
As an alternative i can recommend a nice quiet, Alfa friendly cul-de-sac on the suburbs of Plymouth if you wanted to 'hide it away'

You would then have a 20 minute bus ride into town...

TBH Plymouth isn't that bad for car crime

J

·
0 Posts
Cheers Guys. I have arranged for free parking inside the citadel. Its got fences, CCTV an a Commando regament so it should be quite safe while I stare down microscopes.
Have fun Stu, Plymouth is a great place and has a load of things to do and see:thumbs:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Have fun Stu, Plymouth is a great place and has a load of things to do and see:thumbs:
Indeed! Drakes shopping centre isn't too shabby, and the Aquariam thingy is pretty darn good too. Plymouth Hoe is worth a visit if the weather is good and you get the time :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
In that case, there are a fair few decent pubs about to destroy what is left! :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Ah so how did you mange that. You in the forces then? or you know someone who is and is sneaking you in? I work in the citadel myself so yea its definately safe. So guess ill be able to check out your car hehe.

Jase

J

·
0 Posts
Its being held by the The Marine Biological Association. I just sent a polite email and I got a reply saying I could stay there.

I was told to leave my contact details with the staff incase you nosy commando's came wandering over! :D
Nosey Commando's lol. Im a civilian working for the Mod, although ill definately have a look if i spot it hehe.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Last time I was at the Citadel there was a girl on the gate with a gun.

I don't think MoD were too impressed when I used that quip in an board interview. Having passed a TO board interview years ago I should have really done better.

It's probably safer inside the Citadel. Back in the 80s a Fulvia Coupe broke down on the main road past Seaton Barracks (Royal Marines) since now redeveloped as a business park. Thinking it could have been a bomb it was dealt with appropriately. 'Controlled Explosion' makes a change from dissolving in rust. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts