Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. Just got a flat :) but have to wait for permit :(. My 164 needs a temp home till permit comes through. This could be months.

Can anyone help or know someone who can? Much appreciated

Mark

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Hi and welcome to AO / Hove.

I think the most likely scenario is that unless you can borrow someone's drive for a bit (I saw someone renting out two spaces for £208 a month last night!!!!!!!), then you will have to park outside the restricted zones until your permit comes through.

Alternatively park it outside my house where parking is currently free (I'd look after it). I am in Brighton though, so that might involve a bit of a walk / bus journey to get to your car.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.

Parking in Hove is a nightmare, found car park not far for £60/m which turns out to be cheap!!!!

Is outside yours suitable for leaving car for few weeks at a time? I work 3 on/off.
Also going to have to take head off in near future, would your neighbours mind?

Cheers

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
It was a tongue in cheek comment as I'm probably a good mile and a half from you, so you might be better off finding somewhere closer to you but if you would prefer someone to keep an eye on it and want to leave it outside my house / in my street, then it won't cost you anything and I am happy to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I used to live in hove. A bit of a nightmare to park as I never got back from work until all the spaces had gone. Then I'd have to park miles away and spend ages the next morning trying to find it.

Back to solutions... Check out the councils unused spaces / garages in blocks of flats etc. I rented an off road space last year, albeit over in Shoreham via Adur council, for £4 a week. You might get lucky...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Made it down no probs (650 miles), coughed up for space in car park not too far away.

Council sounds way forward, could to with garage for large jobs that need done :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts