Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being at uni with a car can come with some disadvantages..

living in a student house with limited parking is one of them, especially when the parking is only limited because all of the designated parking on the road is for permit holders only.

I am walking back home from uni for a spot of lunch when i see a ticket on my car. Yes i am parked in permit only and no i dont have a permit and therefore i suppose i deserve a ticket and a fine, but....... what really annoys me, is when people with permits park in the limited spaces where you dont actually need one. Therefore leaving loads of space in the permit only parking meaning that i have nowhere to park apart from right outside my front door in permit only.

If you have a permit...... USE IT!!!!

now i have moved my car to an area where i expect it will be up on bricks by this evening as every other car that parks there is.

Thanks a bunch locals!!

ok finished now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant as i am a student so my home address is back home. so i would have to change everything so my home address is here and i would have to change my license and insurance and anything else that the dvla or swansea permit people want to know about me.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
i cant as i am a student so my home address is back home. so i would have to change everything so my home address is here and i would have to change my license and insurance and anything else that the dvla or swansea permit people want to know about me.
So where does your insurance company think the car is parked over night then. At your home or your student accommodation :confused:

Just a thought to ponder like ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my insurance is for my home address. but my occupation is student living away. no lie there.
All they asked was where is it parked when at the home address. so i told them where it is parked when at the home address. they havent mentioned once about me living away but then i guess that is all included in how much i pay for the insurance.

N

·
0 Posts
I thought all you needed for a permit was a proof of address like
a phone bill or suchlike?

Cheaper than 2-3 fines a year, surely?

:confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well ive been told that i need to change my address on my license and all the rest of it. plus i dont have a phone bill.... student house has no house phone.

but apparently my rent contract is not good enough

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
As an unhelpful aside - Can I just say that people who replace the word "university" with the word "uni" really hacks me off for some reason.

"University" suggests somewhere that one goes to further their education

"Uni" suggests somewhere that one goes to pass the time between ages 18 and 21 in a drunken haze of happy hour shots and Radio 1/Hollyoaks immersion.

That is all.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahahahahahaha

how times must have changed

i can guarantee you that i am not here to just " pass the time" plus im 22 so i dont fit into that category

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
hahahahahahaha

how times must have changed

i can guarantee you that i am not here to just " pass the time" plus im 22 so i dont fit into that category
:thumbs: Glad to hear it! Now start referring to your place of education as a "university" and give it the respect it deserves!

N

·
0 Posts
As an unhelpful aside - Can I just say that people who replace the word "university" with the word "uni" really hacks me off for some reason.

"Uni" suggests somewhere that one goes to pass the time between ages 18 and 21 in a drunken haze of happy hour shots and Radio 1/Hollyoaks immersion.

That is all.
I went to "Poly". What image does that conjure?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fair enough point taken.

i do see where you are coming from though. uni does sound like a laugh where as university sounds less like a big **** up.

thats not to say i dont enjoy a drink or two some of the time ;)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts

I agree with both statements there

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
I went to "Poly". What image does that conjure?
Interesting isn't it.

"Poly" is absolutely correct, whereas if you said "I went to Polytechnic" you'd have to ask which city in soviet era eastern euope you were in.

"University" and "Poly" are the right names.

"Polytechnic" and the very vile "Uni" are just wrong.

I also went to Poly, so the image that Poly conjures is 70s/80s right-on "we know our place" salt of the earth students who did HNDs and ONCs and had real jobs at the same time.

Ah - the good old simpler days where you went to University if you were bright enough to be a doctor or a lawyer or a teacher; Poly if you were technical and bright; Apprenticeship at an engineering company if you were good with your hands; shopwork, typing or a "clerk" if you were not of an academic or dextrous bent. Failing all that you joined the army.....

Nowadays everyone goes to "Uni" just to pass the time.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts