Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the grimlings has gotton my car :)

No biggy just a little odd.

When I accelerate the light comes on around 3000 rpm, but only in 2nd and 3th gears :confused:

Off cause my first thought was a draging parking brake. I have been oiling and tearing the cables. To no use :rolleyes:

Moreover I have tryed pulling the brake when the light comes on, this changes nothing.

Any ideas?

Regards CMBracer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The fluid level may be low and when you accelerate, the fluid moves and the sender thinks the resovoir is empty. This happened to someone else on here recently. The fluid level goes down as the brake pads wear out, so it doesn't necessarily mean you have a leak.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, probably down to low brake fuid level in the reservioir.

Check your pads while you're there. Be careful if you decide to refill the reservoir.............when you come to change the pads in a few weeks you'll get fluid eveywhere if you're not careful! :D

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi, my first post on this site, normally an alfaowner guy, but wrinx mentioned a post on this forum about injection lights, and here i am. so while i am here, my handbrake light has come on whilst going round bends, only twice, but its a little disconcerting. is it a fluid level thing, only whee turning right. i would assume that the sender is on the left hand side of the pot? i will check the fluid level, but it seemed okay last week, and the pads arent that old.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Beany :D Does this mean I get a "recommendation discount" from AO :D

Its usually the fluid level sender but I would expect it to come on more than this once it starts. Might be worth checking the brakes and the low pad sender wire/handbrake.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same warning light came on in my 155 when l took it for a test drive before l bought it.The seller topped up the brake fluid reservoir and the light went out.

However,needed new brakes all round about 4k miles after buying it!

-----------------
Ian H

1 - 7 of 7 Posts