Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When does "48 hour delivery" not mean delivery in 48 hours?

When it involves bloody Parcelforce!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Package was handed in on Monday mid morning and was told delivery would be "before 17.30h on Wednesday". That's ok, recipient doesn't need tow bar until weekend.
Wednesday came and went, and an e-mail sent as to where the package was. Still in transit with delivery expected "by 17.30h on 03/08/09". It's only Scotland to Sussex FFS.

"48 hour delivery"; more like 175 hours!!!!! :mad:To**ers!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Have never had dealings with ParcelForce but have had many bad experiences with DHL:mad: They have ruined quite an expensive Myryad CD player on me which needed to have everything inside it replaced due to their poor handling of goods. They also Stoved the life out of my friends Marantz CD17Ki Sig CD player.

Maybe they just don't like CD Players.:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Parcelfarce "delivered" a brand new mobile.

Looked like the package had been played football with.

Lo and behold, the mobile was missing from the box. Charger and driver CD still present though. :mad:

Bunch of bloody shysters, any time I order anything off ebay / amazon, I insist the seller NOT use parcelfarce.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I dont use parcelforce anymore.

A supplier was sending me 10 laptops and £500 worth of memory in a large box. After waiting a few weeks for it i got the supplier to track it. - It had been signed for with a random name (not me) and marked as delievered at 8:00 am (our warehouse is open at 9:00 so thats impossible) - thats all they care about a signature and a flag to say its delivered.

Anyway after weeks of talking to both parcelforce depo's we traced the driver who apparently said that i had signed it (which was a complete lie). It then turned up randomly on our doorstep a while later and it had been opened, the laptops had been played with and the memory sticks (which were sealed in bundles of 10) were ripped open and loose.

...was pretty obvious that someone working for parcelforce opened the box and realised that they had struck gold - don't know how they had thought they could have got away with it! :mad:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I dont use parcelforce anymore.

A supplier was sending me 10 laptops and £500 worth of memory in a large box. After waiting a few weeks for it i got the supplier to track it. - It had been signed for with a random name (not me) and marked as delievered at 8:00 am (our warehouse is open at 9:00 so thats impossible) - thats all they care about a signature and a flag to say its delivered.

Anyway after weeks of talking to both parcelforce depo's we traced the driver who apparently said that i had signed it (which was a complete lie). It then turned up randomly on our doorstep a while later and it had been opened, the laptops had been played with and the memory sticks (which were sealed in bundles of 10) were ripped open and loose.

...was pretty obvious that someone working for parcelforce opened the box and realised that they had struck gold - don't know how they had thought they could have got away with it! :mad:
Very similar situation with me, I ordered a £300 laptop which was delivered and signed for by "me" at my storage unit at 8.50 a.m. - except I don't get there until after 9 a.m. and it wasn't there. After a lot of hassle and threatening to call the police (this is fraud after all) they finally agreed to refund me a couple of days ago (but haven't done so yet) - 5 months from the date I ordered it. :mad:

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Business Post are the Bane of my life, we ship Alloy Wheels all over the UK and Europe and the service is diabolical :mad:wheel's have gone missing or damaged, it doesnt matter how well we pack them with protective packagiong they can dent a rim lip or damage the face's of the alloy's, the little chav's will open them up to have a look and leave the boxes torn. Peasant's ! :rant:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have had stuff sipposed to be signed for left in our blue bin (for paper) next to the garage without any signature at all. Also had £500 of vouchers sent recorded delivery pushed through the letterbox without a signature. Drives you mad as you pay extra for the better "service"

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have had stuff sipposed to be signed for left in our blue bin (for paper) next to the garage without any signature at all. Also had £500 of vouchers sent recorded delivery pushed through the letterbox without a signature. Drives you mad as you pay extra for the better "service"
Be careful, recorded delivery only covers you up to 100 x the price of a first class stamp - you get exactly the same cover if you send first class, as long as you get a certificate of posting from the post office. Special delivery is dearer but covers you for up to £500. It's generally much more reliable too, and if you're sending items of that value it's worth the extra.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Saying that, APC were crap around christmas too; had a box of 4 laptops delivered to a house and because they werent in the delivery guy simply threw the box over a 6ft fence and signed it himself!

I complained and they pretty much laughed it off, must have been a delivery guy on his last day or something.

It seems a delivery company is only as good as the people that they trust to do it.

Luckily i had packed them well so they survived.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thanks for the tips - just annoys me so much stuff that should be signed for isn't, and often is left outside. I sure there would be huge amounts of hassle if it went missing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well according to ParcelFarce they delivered the new HD helmet camera I've bought my ski mad daughter for her birthday at 9:00 this morning, well unless the cat has learnt how to unlock the door and sign for things that would have been a bit tricky as at the time I was on a train somewhere between Cheltenham Spa and Bristol! No card through the door, no sign of it in likely hiding spots round the house and not with any of the neighbours they normally leave stuff with.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Not a criticism of any of the above posters but we have been caught out a few times by the 'really desperate must have it in the morning' clients. Most delivery services will start delivering from 7.30 so why on earth specify a delivery address where nobody is there till 9?

We make it clear to clients that if they want that service there must be somebody there from 7.30 to receive it. Otherwise the delivery driver will have to take the parcel away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts