Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't geddit. Despite doing 500 miles a week for the last year, nothing will wear out or break on the 155. It was in the garage yesterday to have a few things checked in readiness for what I thought would be an expensive MOT in a couple of weeks (suspension/bushes/steering etc, brake pads and discs, exhaust) but the only work they did was to sort out a rattling heatshield, everything else was in good condition...even the wishbone bushes apparently :confused:

I hope Wrinx doesn't read this, what with these jinxs I've been reading about :eek:

I'm starting to get paranoid that my bella is saving up for something big to go wrong :rolleyes: Or maybe I just worry too much?
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Glad to here that every thing is ok.
You worry too much relax take it as it comes Quinn once told me ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
I gotta say, it concerns me too... my mileage isn't as high as yours, but after reading on here about the amount of cam belts that go walkies, I wonder when mine'll go - particularly when the rev counter needle is tickling the red line... :eek:
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No jinxing here....both my 155's have been pretty good. Only needed wishbones, a variator and a few lambda's. Thats in about 135k of driving them both over the last 7 years.

Alfa's unreliable???

wrinx
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was feeling quietly confident went my P reg with 81k went in for a service and pre-mot check.

Service went ok but it needs new wishbones and a lambda to get through the mot. Considering these are still the original parts l don't suppose l can have much cause for complain!! :eek:

----------------------
Ian H
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,651 Posts
BW you tend to find that if you drive the car and clock up the miles that less goes wrong with it :D :D

It`s when you start parking them up and driving them at weekends the problems start.......................

....................Besides its an ALFA and was made to be DRIVEN not parked up in a garage :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
speed freak said:
It`s when you start parking them up and driving them at weekends the problems start.......................

....................Besides its an ALFA and was made to be DRIVEN not parked up in a garage :rolleyes:
How True :D :D
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
speed freak said:
BW you tend to find that if you drive the car and clock up the miles that less goes wrong with it :D :D

It`s when you start parking them up and driving them at weekends the problems start.......................

....................Besides its an ALFA and was made to be DRIVEN not parked up in a garage :rolleyes:
Not sure if that was aimed at me but if it was you're right. My 155 does mainly come out at weekends due to the fact that l have a Focus that comes with my job. The wife doesn't drive so the 155 has to sit on the drive.

Not ideal but there you go!! :rolleyes:

----------------------
Ian H
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It may have been meant for me too ;) The V6 is now sharing the weekend spot but it was thrashed to work and back today as well :D

wrinx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,651 Posts
IAN H said:
Not sure if that was aimed at me but if it was you're right
----------------------
Ian H
It Was`nt aimed at anybody .........................its just something i`ve noticed over the years of working on car`s

Usually find that the low milers need a lot more doing to them than the Rep mobiles that have Starship Mileage on them due to them rusting/corroding through lack of use

Did`nt mean to offend or upset anyone ...........................
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
speed freak said:
It Was`nt aimed at anybody .........................its just something i`ve noticed over the years of working on car`s

Usually find that the low milers need a lot more doing to them than the Rep mobiles that have Starship Mileage on them due to them rusting/corroding through lack of use

Did`nt mean to offend or upset anyone ...........................
Speedy you're absolutley right. My Focus is three years old and has just had its 100k service and passed its first mot!! :eek:

When the 155 does get out for a long run it always feels better for it afterwards. BTW l've had it nearly two and a half years and only done 11k in all that time! :rolleyes:

No offence taken at all!!!! ;)

--------------------
Ian H
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am with Ian H and you guy's as i am trying to keep the Nord Blue under 60,000 miles so i'm using a scooter for work at the minute which has knocked the price of my fuel bill from £30 a week to just £7 so i can nearly afford to by another one.
Doh why did i say that, i don't need another do I. :rolleyes:

Ted
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top