Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
i gotta say it actually looks ok. Except the wheels stick out to me as looking too small. It needs a nice set of 17ich teles or something else.

D

·
0 Posts
wonder why he is selling, the guy was loving the car during the paint job and that was that far back.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, everyone that said it was a great colour during the respray thread, it seems the general public don't agree. Starting price was £1450 and not one bid, personaly, it reminds me of an Allegro.....:vomit:.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, everyone that said it was a great colour during the respray thread, it seems the general public don't agree. Starting price was £1450 and not one bid, personaly, it reminds me of an Allegro.....:vomit:.
If I were to respray a GTV, I'd do it in white :inlove: I couldn't drive around with an oRange GTV :tut:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I recon he should have taken some decent photos on a sunny day or in a bright multistorey after a good polish and it would attract a lot more buyers

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I like it, but to me the wheels don't look 'right'. We don't know the quality of the respray either.
There is a thread on here that showed the respray stage by stage, the quality looked very good, I just hate the colour. Agree about the wheels.....:(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all it's me selling the car,/as I've said many many time's I would have put bigger alloys on it if I had the funds but I dont.
The respray is very good and I like the idea of doing more photos under lights the weather has been to bad to take good photo's in recent weeks and to be honest due to my illness me and cold weather dont get on as I suffer cramp in my neck and now due to the steroids I'm on after about 30min's driving my left/right or both feet give me to much grief with cramp but not always (dont worry I'm not driving dangerously).
It's a shame as I've been driving it a bit lately and it always brings a smile to my face I am only trying to fit in as many enjoyable cars as I can and thats why I started with a Scooby at the beginning of last year and then the Alfa although I did own a Fiat Coupe 20vt a few years back and everyone has differnt tast and I happen to think a blue VTR looks good and I'll save a bit of money on fuel.
I enjoyed being involved in the prosess of restoring the Alfa I learned alot and in fairness if I had a bit more spare cash I'd keep the car but I'm only driving short trips and 75miles on £15 isn't viable, not any more anyway.
The color isn't everyones choice but Eastenders isn't everyones favorate soap but I think all the important stuff is done on the car so if you like it and are interested come and have a look and if you do buy it then go right ahead and put those nice alloy's on it, you wont regret it after all it just flew through the MOT:thumbs:
I love cars, always have and the ones I've had and ones I want reflect my bugget maybe in a alternative universe I'm playing with Ferraris and Porsches and Audi R8's:D lets hope so,
Right then I'm of to the petrol station with me camera:lol:

·
Registered
95 Posts
if it wasn't for the mileage (129k and in the other thread he mentioned the dreaded words "cam belt"), I'd think about it, I quite like the colour.

Some 17" teledials and a tan leather interior would push me closer to the edge, but how much would that cost?

I think I'm more likely to go for one with a lot fewer miles and a more boring colour.

·
Registered
172 Posts
is this a phase 1 car? If so, tbh you can get phase 1 TS's for cheaper than the opening bid for that sort of mileage so you really need someone to really like the colour to pay a premium for it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts