Alfa Romeo Forum banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,344 Posts
Anyone got a cough?

Yesterday I popped into Morrisons to get some chorizo, and it was alarming.

They had so many varieties of chorizo, I could barely choose.

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
The ironic thing about our trip to Costco was that we are running a bit low on toilet roll, and we would usually pick up a pack when visiting Costco. None available in Tesco when Mrs Bazza did the weekly shop either.

So I wouldn't say it's a panic yet, but I am becoming a little concerned that people won't calm the hell down in time for us to just buy our usual stock.

I suffer rather with IBS. Sometimes I can get through a roll by myself in a couple of days...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The ironic thing about our trip to Costco was that we are running a bit low on toilet roll, and we would usually pick up a pack when visiting Costco. None available in Tesco when Mrs Bazza did the weekly shop either.

So I wouldn't say it's a panic yet, but I am becoming a little concerned that people won't calm the hell down in time for us to just buy our usual stock.

I suffer rather with IBS. Sometimes I can get through a roll by myself in a couple of days...
Yup, as a fellow sufferer I can certainly sympathise with this. I've come to work mostly because of the copious amount of roll on offer at the mo.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Somewhat ironically, on Friday my wife came home from her usual weekend food shopping with a pack of bog roll. When I asked her if we were starting to hoard it she replied that she'd wanted to buy tissues but the couple of shops she tried didn't have any, so she bought bog paper instead!

On Tuesday she's due for her big Tesco shop, which she does every three weeks. For various reasons we decided that doing it on line would be the better option. First delivery slot she could get, at 9PM on March 15th, was Tuesday March 24th, so even though she's ordered the bulk of it on line, a trip to the shop on Tuesday's going to be necessary to stock up on essentials such as Jaffa Cakes! Apart from the expected items which were unavailable several things, predominantly tinned food, were limited as to how much could be ordered.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Sorry about that, would have happily done it.

I rather hate it myself. But my actions were partly based on experiences a couple of years back with a sofa which was faded but otherwise in good condition - and fantastically comfy. That one I didn't even try to charge for. Tried to give it away, offered to deliver, kept it taking up room in my conservatory for 6 months with no interest at all. People on local feacebook pages asking for freebies because they were moving into a house and they had no money turning their noses up. So that ended up going to the tip too irritatingly.

I try to explore the possibilities to avoid it - but not to the extent of teaching myself amateur electronics in order to fix something I still wouldn't be able to sell. :D

Of course in this case there was a further possibility I didn't recognise. I don't suppose you want a 10 year old food processor with a burnt out motor? That's the next thing we're going to be throwing...
Certainly it makes more sense to repair some devices than others. I suspect your telly was a biggun and should be worth a bit more than fifty quid. To me it would have been worth considerably more as a spare or hung on the kitchen wall. My apologies for being a bit preachy.

I guess the food processor depends on the make, model and accessories. A new motor for a KitchenAid or Kenwood might make sense.

The heating element in our Karcher steam cleaner broke. A replacement part was damn near the cost of a whole new machine.

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
That is the next phase of this development. How many sheets, typically, would you use per, ahem, "sheet"?
Well if you really want the details I'll say a folded four sheets per 'go'.
But how many goes are required can vary wildly.

Biodegradeable moistened toilet tissue is pretty much my favourite invention of all time - for purposes of reducing my toilet roll usage by 75%, and avoiding wiping so much that my bum is a tattered wasteland of pain.

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
Certainly it makes more sense to repair some devices than others. I suspect your telly was a biggun and should be worth a bit more than fifty quid. To me it would have been worth considerably more as a spare or hung on the kitchen wall. My apologies for being a bit preachy.

I guess the food processor depends on the make, model and accessories. A new motor for a KitchenAid or Kenwood might make sense.

The heating element in our Karcher steam cleaner broke. A replacement part was damn near the cost of a whole new machine.
My stated value is based on a quick peruse of eBay. But I didn't look very deeply I have to admit.

The food Processor is a Kenwood one in fact. An FP582 which I think cost £300 for Mrs Bazza's 30th birthday (I know, I know - but it's what she asked for!) so 12 years old. I haven't had a look yet, but the described symptoms were a burning smell and emitting smoke. I suspect it's beyond me to fix. Might have a google though.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
My stated value is based on a quick peruse of eBay. But I didn't look very deeply I have to admit.

The food Processor is a Kenwood one in fact. An FP582 which I think cost £300 for Mrs Bazza's 30th birthday (I know, I know - but it's what she asked for!) so 12 years old. I haven't had a look yet, but the described symptoms were a burning smell and emitting smoke. I suspect it's beyond me to fix. Might have a google though.
A new motor is £40.

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
A new motor is £40.

I found one for £30. :p

The questions are:
1) Is it definitely the motor at fault.
2) Can I successfully replace it.

I will give it a good look.

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
I found one for £30. :p
Oh wait - I found it on the same site, and it wasn't as specifically named as that one, so I probably didn't. :D

121 - 140 of 162 Posts