Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
All this panic buying, anyone manufacturing sanitizer gel must be rubbing their hands...

·
Premium Member
77,340 Posts
It is a real issue, and no laughing matter.

In the good old days I recall being forced to use cut up newspaper, and even the cardboard inner roll (suitably dissembled).

Your online Guardian subscription may well preserve strong, independent, probing journalism - but it's not clearing up my dangle-berries, is it?

·
Registered
44,837 Posts
I did all my panic buying last year in preparation for Brexit, I have a small stockpile of bog roll stashed away. Just wish I'd thought of hand sanitiser, I could've made a fortune selling it on Ebay! Small bottle of hand gel (100ml), usually £2.99 now £12.99 o_O

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
were starting to run out of paper towels in the work toilets

the hand sanitiser is daft because it wont kill a virus

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Its it will..which is why PHE are suggesting using it.
This is from Public Health England..

Alcohol-based hand sanitisers kill most types of bacteria, viruses and fungi in a few seconds. While rubbing your hands with sanitiser for 15 seconds is ideal, poor hand-sanitiser use still beats poor hand washing.

·
Registered
44,837 Posts
PHE recommend the sanitisers are at least 60% alcohol to be really effective, I guess you could use Vodka or Potcheen, if you can get hold of it, to sanitise your hands instead.
I've taken the advice and am washing my hands with hot soapy water regularly, one problem, I need to moisturise my hands two or three times a day to stop them drying out, cracking and bleeding now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
(It was in Australia.)

at least the Aussies only hit the shelves

This is in UK

Teens arrested over racist coronavirus attack
Coronavirus: Teens arrested over 'racially aggravated' attack

Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of attacking a student who was told: "We don't want your coronavirus in our country."

Jonathan Mok, 23, was attacked as he walked down Oxford Street at about 21:15 GMT on 24 February

·
Registered
7 Posts
meanwhile in Battersea
emails replace fists

Artist uninvited to gallery because 'Asians are seen as coronavirus carriers'

An email she sent to Nguyen read: ‘Dear An, I am very sorry to have to cancel your assistance at the fair next week. There coronavirus is causing much anxiety everywhere and, fairly or not, Asians are being seen as carriers of the virus.
What a charming person. 🤬 Quote regarding this art dealer who sent this email:

Gallery owner Raquelle Azran, owner of "Raquelle Azran Vietnamese Contemporary Fine Art", will happily profit off Asian art and culture while being quick to spread #xenophobia and bigotry. Keep #racists, especially parasitic gallery owners and curators, OUT of the art community!

Hear hear.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,328 Posts
Time to revive two sayings that kept us safe in the past, folks:

Coughs and sneezes sink ships

Loose hips spread diseases

Oh yeah.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
No different in my local supermarket this morning - a fully stocked toilet roll/kitchen roll aisle.
Must just be the arsewipes of this world that are buying it up...

1 - 20 of 162 Posts